Is Echostar the Parent Company of Voom

kccody

Original poster
Jan 14, 2005
Is Echostar the Parent Company of Voom?

I ordered Voom yesterday and had an interesting conversation with the CSR. I asked him if they have been busier than usual. He said Yes. I asked if last month, if there was a decrease in calls because of the rumor about Voom going out of business. The CSR answered by saying Voom has a new parent company which is Echostar. I was about surprised to hear. I am wondering if Voom may go through some changes if both Dish and Voom are owned by the same company?

The CSR is confused of the satellite purchase details. No, Echostar did not purchase Voom HD LLC.

kccody said:
The CSR answered by saying Voom has a new parent company which is Echostar. I was about surprised to hear.
I'm sure Echostar would be suprised to hear that too. They bought a satellite at 61.5, a ground station at Blackhawk, and the FCC licenses to operate them. They did not buy VOOM.

BTW: Voom HD LLC is the new company headed by Charles Dolan that is trying to buy the rest of the VOOM assets currently held by Cablevision as Rainbow DBS. There is no Voom HD LLC to buy until they get the assets from Cablevision.

JL

The CSR was partially right, the Echostar technicians helped Voom get their signal off the ground. This piece of info was related to me by an Echostar VP.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)