Rumors from Team Summit

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
BFG said:
Well since the satellite at 129 will be DBS, you don't need the dish 1000 anyways. When they move HD to 129, those that have a dish for hd at 61.5 or 148 just need to swing it over to 129. So get the seperate dish now, because that and a dish 500 will get you the same thing a dish 1000 will

Yep, that will work perfectly. Never thought I would get so much usage out of my original dish 300. :D

NightRyder

I have a question about the 129 slot... Currently D* has a similar agreement for the 72.5 slot they are using for some locals, however, they are limited in using it for 4 years and up to a million households. Wouldn't E* have similar restrictions?

Poke said:
Well we will see what they say today about it being at 61.5. If you do that would be so stupid due to most folks will not be able to view any of the new add on's. In the future once everyone on new receivers then there should not be a issue. 2006 they will half to have most if not all of their HD Subscribers on new receivers since they plan on adding all 21 channels. But again by then room will not be a issue.

SkyAngel is on 61.5, and that reaches most of the country, so I think your assumption is in error. :)

Brad

Yeah I don't get the whole 148 gripes. Voom alone only did 61.5, so why should dish fill in what voom didn't do?

hancox said:
Ask V* people in the western 1/2 of the US about that :) (Especially the NW!)

We're in San Diego. Is it possible to get 61.5 with an 18" dish? Not one to be patient and wait for 148.

mdonnelly said:
Okay, so for the short term, HD is on 110/119, 61.5 and maybe 148. Two dishes.

Long term, it's on 110/119 and 129. One dish with the Dish 1000.

How long before the one dish solution is available? When will the two dish solution become obsolete?

I want to know if it's worth it as a HD Pack sub to spring for the 2nd dish now, or wait and replace the Dish 500 with the Dish 1000.

129? Well I guess Vermonters are going to end up getting the shaft down the road. Alot of times getting the 119 is hard enough.

That is a good idea to put up another dish for the wings then once it goes to 129 all that has to be done is a repoint to 129 which saves from having to provide another dish since its already up anyways.

Bad news for us northeasterners. I remember the hell of getting 129 back on the Philly Legacy Tri-beam dishes, the elevation was LOW! If you have trouble getting 119 now, screw your chances of 129.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Hey our reporters are at Team Summit and I have just been called with some RUMORS from the floor.

Most of the news from the show will come tommorow morning... Today is basically a day for retailers to fly in and get registered.

(Again please consider these RUMORS until you hear that they have been officially announced. Remember you heard these things here FIRST at SatelliteGuys.US)

As you may have heard Dish Network has been running a $19.99 promotion in Connecticut, New York, and New Jersey. Reports are that Dish Network will be expanding this promotion to nationwide for new customers.

Dish Network is expected to make a HUGE HD announcement on Friday Morning. All signs from our reporters who have been nosing around with the Echostar guys is that what we reported in our Pub Members area earlier this week is a go.

Dish Network is seeking to move a Satellite to the 61.5 location, and once they have the go ahead in the sale of Rainbow 1 from the FCC Dish plans to move Rainbow 1 to 110 and use its Spot Beam Technology. Reports to me is that Echostar 4 may be now or soon be moving twards 61.5.

Reports from the floor that Dish Network has a bunch of Transmitting Dishes and may possibly be announcing some new broadband service. SEC Americom is also on site setting these broadband dishes up. Our reporters are going to try getting us photos of these Dish's ASAP.

More as we have it!

Has there been any additional discussion/rumors about Rainbow-1 being moved to 110 W? What about E-10? Is it still going to 110 W or somewhere else and is there any more specific information about a launch date?

The information provided here has been great but the rumors about other satellite moves are not really rumors. Regarding the rumor of the Echostar-4 (E-4) satellite being moved to 61.5 W, Dish put in an application to the FCC for this move if the FCC doesn't approve moving E-4 to 77 W. Here is a link to E-4 going to 61.5 W that was posted on April 25, 2005:

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=41196

Here is the link to E-4 going to 77W that was posted on March 22, 2005:

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=40062&highlight=E-4

In regards to the 129 W location, E-5 is going there as was posted on February 25, 2005:

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=39064&highlight=E-5

bcshields said:
Bad news for us northeasterners. I remember the hell of getting 129 back on the Philly Legacy Tri-beam dishes, the elevation was LOW! If you have trouble getting 119 now, screw your chances of 129.
Remember - 61.5 has got a big hunk of hardware already up there.

I have to believe that THAT is what the easterners will be using for a lot of stuff.

I wonder if they plan on having a switch that supports five or more satellite slots seeing that we may end up having 105/121, 110, 119, 129, 61.5/148 along with those other slots they are acquiring. Surely they do not plan on mirroring a lot of the HD content on the core slots. I can understand them mirroring on the wing slots since they can only be picked up by certain locations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts