Rupert going for Dish Network? NO.

navychop said:
No- Rupert won't get it- but somebody else will.

Now that I would hedge my money towards. I can see another content/provider mix like News Corp/Directv. Not only does the mix need to happen to compete with the Rupert machine but the FTC/FCC would certainly entertain it. Interesting to see if its a cable or telco company.

If I were Charlie, I would sell. Same for Jim. Take my billions and go do whatever I want. Buy another tech company if so inclined. I'd think he would be tired of this satellite business and FCC fights by now.

I think the FCC, FTC and Justice Department are going to start taking serious looks at DBS and Cable providers who generate programming...especially regional sports programming. There have just been too many shenanigans going on in recent memory and those shenanigans appear to be getting worse.

riffjim4069 said:
I think the FCC, FTC and Justice Department are going to start taking serious looks at DBS and Cable providers who generate programming...especially regional sports programming. There have just been too many shenanigans going on in recent memory and those shenanigans appear to be getting worse.

I agree with you on that. Content providers think they are bigger and more important than even the consumer. I am tired of them steering protection laws against consumers and pulling games with sats/cable. Unfortunately, not sure what the FCC can do about it.

riffjim4069 said:

I hope for the same as well but I'm not sure if it's popping up enough in their radar screen.

The FCC will scotch any deal that tries to combine D*/E*..... period. REGARDLESS of who tries to do it.......

The FCC voted down the applications to transfer the licenses. Further, the States and USDOJ had filed suit to block the merger.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts