Russia Today

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bmcniel

Original poster
Dec 2, 2011
North Carolina
Anybody else hooked on Russia Today on G19 12152mhz? I found it, started watching, and keep finding myself going back. Seems to be a decent mix of news. It is an English broadcast and they have some really good documentaries.

Used to watch them but they seem to have taken a more anti-American slant in the last couple of years or so. Agreed, they do have some interesting documentary shows.

bmcniel said:
Anybody else hooked on Russia Today on G19 12152mhz? I found it, started watching, and keep finding myself going back. Seems to be a decent mix of news. It is an English broadcast and they have some really good documentaries.

I love RT. One of my favorites is The Alyona Show. I've watched it for a while on g19 and glad it's on Dish now so I can record it too! :)

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

I watch RT a lot. But it's 100% in English and rarely covers news in Russia. :(

I learned the language back in the early 90's so I frequent Russian sites to try and keep my edge.
I read it fairly well. I'm much weaker on the spoken word because there many accents and dialects and they all talk too bleepin fast for me.
I can speak it well enough to get in serious trouble.. :whistle:

But I can read it well enough to get around town, order food, find the ladies room, pronounce city and proper names correctly, read the subway/airport signs to get to the right places, etc..

One of these days I want to go to Moscow with my Fancy Nancy new camera and take a bazillion photos.. Maybe stay a year and see the entire country. :)

I watch RT a lot.....one of these days I want to go to Moscow with my Fancy Nancy new camera and take a bazillion photos.. Maybe stay a year and see the entire country. :)
Wow Dee, that would be some trip! Next time I find some Russian print I'll have you decode it for me. Just like I need someone to decode all the text short cuts on this site.
You watch RT. That is my cat's channel.:rolleyes:

The shows I like on RT are Exploring Russia, Moscow Out (not what it sounds like :rolleyes:) and the other documentaries about Russia and the old Soviet Union.
One of the Exploring Russia type shows has this sort of goofy dorky kinda guy named James Brown (now THAT is a Russian name! LOL!) He's kinda cute.
I like his shows but it's hard to know when they come on or not.

USA-vs.-Russia.jpg

Go team Babushka!! :cheer2:

(No disrespect meant to anyone, this was just supposed to be funny.. :))

The shows I like on RT are Exploring Russia, Moscow Out (not what it sounds like :rolleyes:) and the other documentaries about Russia and the old Soviet Union.
Me too. Sadly those shows are few and far between these days.

Dee, the RT Documentary channel that is broadcast to Europe is available online at On air — RTD It is pretty much 24 hours of the stuff you like :cool: There used to be an International version of RT available online that reminded me of DW-TV but it looks like it is no longer available. :(

If you can understand Russian the CTC channel on 30w looks interesting.

ctc channel

What is the CTC channel? I throught the only non-religious Russian-speaking channel on Ku was Belarus TV on G19..

Dee, the RT Documentary channel that is broadcast to Europe is available online at On air — RTD It is pretty much 24 hours of the stuff you like :cool: There used to be an International version of RT available online that reminded me of DW-TV but it looks like it is no longer available. :(

If you can understand Russian the CTC channel on 30w looks interesting.

It's either gone or encrypted now, I haven't found it on scans recently.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)