Russian Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DirectDishNet

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 25, 2007
Davenport Iowa
Was wondering what satellite would be the best to point to for someone wanting Russian channels?. I only know of Russia today (English). I took a look at "The List" and searched "Russian" and only came up with two channels on 97W Glorysatar CNL Russian & Russia Today. The person whom asked me about Russian Channels would like a NON religious channel in his native tongue Russian.

Is there any other channels that this person could get in the midwest USA with a 90cm dish, sonicview 4000 and a linear LNB? Clear LOS from 39W to 140W

Thanks!

Is there any other channels that this person could get in the midwest USA with a 90cm dish, sonicview 4000 and a linear LNB? Clear LOS from 39W to 140W
Yes
"Russia Today" is Ku Band on Galaxy 19 @ 97 West
Dunno if it's English or Russian

Russia Today is english.... He said his parents don't speak english well enough to understand it.... Was hoping that there was a non religious Russian channel in the Russian language.

I only check the first one on the list but it sounds like Russian. (obviously I don't speak Russian)

You may want to check out the others.

FTAList.com - Russian Channel List

Thanks Chapelrun, I saw that list too, All of those channels other than "Russia Today" are Christian channels......... He is looking for a NON Christian Russian channel......In his own words he said "Could you get me some Russian channels that are not religious? My mom and dad miss Russia and would like to watch some channels from Russia.

The Belarus TV - - - Looks like it might fit

I'm watching "Belarus TV" right now - - - It appear to be a drama or something like that. Doesn't look like a Christian channel.

More like a Russian "Days of our Lives"

97W
11896V

What I did was to look on lyngsat.com and look for the R designations under the Audio PID column.

Would you mind telling how you know this?

Sure, I went directly to their channels and they were spreading the gospil at that time so I just assumed. But you know what they say about people who assume. :)
I may of pre judged the channels.........I'm sorry.

Sure, I went directly to their channels and they were spreading the gospil at that time so I just assumed. But you know what they say about people who assume. :)
I may of pre judged the channels.........I'm sorry.

Not a problem.

I did not come to the same conclusion. When I saw the channels, half of them were obviously religious. On the other half of them, I didn't see a religious influence...

I have to plead ignorance.... I don't understand or speak Russian....

There are also Radio Only channels in Russian on G19 at 97W. Globcast WTV and Bell TV in Canada offer some packages in Russian, as well as Dish Network and DirecTV on a sub. RMG offers several RU channels in DGII on G25 at 93W. Here're other sources of info on Russian language channels in the US: Russian Atlanta and Telenedelya.

Last edited:
I've never heard of any secular channels from Russia proper available without a subscription. If your customers can deal with Ukrainian linguistically and politically, they could listen to UTR on 97W, but they won't be able to get video from it without an MPEG4 receiver.

your best bet, IMHO, would be Russian Media Group on G16 Ku. About 10 video channels, 5 audio channels in digicipher format. I don't know if the subscription is reasonable or rip-off priced.

Russian Media Group

another bet may be to get a DBS system - I don't remember if it's DIRECTV, DISH, or both that offer some kind of russian programming package that might be reasonably priced.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)