Russian TV, (RTN or Streaming)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dan5.5

May 15, 2008
Hi All,

I am looking to get more russian channels for my grandparents.
They currently have the russian mega pack from Dish.
I like the RTN packages, but i cant find out how they work.
Anyone have more info, please let me know... Pricing as well.

Thanks!

voomvoom

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
May 18, 2004
Lizella, Georgia Republic
This link may or may not be of any help:
DEALER GLORYSTAR 1 ROOM SYSTEM - SatelliteAV, LLC.

I'm not sure what you mean by RTN packages. The RTN that I watch is mostly English with some Spanish channels. I know nothing about Foreign Language channels, except that there are plenty of them and they don't interest me. G19 ku @ 97.0w has a bunch of those type channels, many are ITC (in the clear) while most are scrambled. The scrambled ones can be gotten through a subscription (which I still know little about) and the link above is for a Glorystar Satellite system that will allow a subscription to some (or maybe all) of those G19 ku channels. Hopefully others on here can help you help your Grandparents...!
Good Luck..!!!

gillham

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 14, 2008
Morgan Hill, CA
Hi All,

I am looking to get more russian channels for my grandparents.
They currently have the russian mega pack from Dish.
I like the RTN packages, but i cant find out how they work.

FTAlist shows a handful of Russian channels. Mostly religious it looks like. FTAList.com - Russian Channel List

RTN is Retro Television Network (at least on this site) which isn't Russian. Russia Today (in English) is on the same Galaxy 19 (was Galaxy 25) satellite.

A new fixed dish setup might be $150 - $200. You can often scrounge some used stuff for a whole lot less, but just bear in mind old DirecTV or Dish Network gear won't work. Their International dishes (World Direct or Super Dish) can be used, but generally take more effort and are a bit on the small side.

dan5.5

May 15, 2008
I was actually thinking of this RTN... Russian Media Group (cant post link)
does anybody on the boards have their equipment?

Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)