RUT-Roh, "Running receiver self-check..."

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

cparker

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
May 8, 2007
Sanborn, NY
And seems to be stuck there. HR34 froze while we were watching live TV. New year's eve entertainment. No response to remote.
I did the RBR and it spins up, says just a few more moments, and then hangs on running receiver self check

Did it croak?

stayed on it like 5 minutes. I pulled the plug for 30 seconds and plugged it back in. That was about 5 minutes ago. I switched over to antenna for now
but it never stayed on the receiver self check that long before. The HR24 in the bedroom is fine.

But the Genie client in the kitchen probably won't work :)

Now it's scanning and repairing the disk (or trying to... won't know if it's successful for several hours). So I called tech support and they agreed it was now considered unreliable and they set up a swap via drop ship. Probably won't be here until Friday though because of the holiday. So they're giving me service credit for today through Friday because of the disruption.

It's TV. I'm ok with this. Wife is a little leaved at losing DVR'ed content :)

Now it's scanning and repairing the disk (or trying to... won't know if it's successful for several hours). So I called tech support and they agreed it was now considered unreliable and they set up a swap via drop ship. Probably won't be here until Friday though because of the holiday. So they're giving me service credit for today through Friday because of the disruption.

It's TV. I'm ok with this. Wife is a little leaved at losing DVR'ed content :)

Move the HR24 in the other room over to the main room and reset your wifes recordings .... not sure why she would be upset, you still have a working HR24 ... thats the WHOLE reason to have a stand alone HR24.

At least you won't miss any other recordings ... granted you won't have the existing ones, but not all is lost.

The HR24 can stay in the bedroom. She can miss recordings for a few days. And we can still watch OTA in the living room. Which is what she normally watches. (Other than HGTV) So.... not a huge deal. Might give her a chance to mess with the AppleTV my son gave us for christmas :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)