RV Park "cable" question

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well, you don't have the park yet, but if you wanted to get some experience, I would break down the project into several parts.

First part would be reception:
- determine 10 channels you would like to use
- monitor those 10 and see how signal level and quality vary over time
- you might learn you'd need larger dishes for bad-weather days (rain)
- get experience during winter conditions (snow/ freeze?)

Then you could go on to mixing the modulator signals together.

And the third thing to test would be distribution to 10/100 users.

But, ya gotta start somewhere.

I do not have an RV park, but am setting up cabins for a ministry camp. My beginning has had receivers is the cabins. This has not worked well as "experimenters" have caused damage. I will be using Agile modulators in my next attempt. But severe winds have shut me down, as well as delays from the county.

Forgot one of the testing points.
- adding two or maybe three LNBFs to a single dish.

You'd have to evaluate whether this cut signal reception and caused outages during bad weather.
Maybe with slightly oversized dishes (I'm thinking 1.2 meters, 4') they'd make up for the loss (?)

RV1pop - for your use, getting the receivers out of the idle hands, does make sense. :up

If you have a charitable foundation set up, ya might get Iceberg to donate a half-dozen rack-mount analog receivers to the cause .
I"m sure they're worth $50-100 each in tax credits... :)

And on another note, any progress yet on the existing rack-mounters with the wrong-voltage capacitors?
Or are you still in the build a nuclear-hardened dish garden, mode!? :D

Got the perk holes dug. They will be dish mount holes when I back fill. But have to get septic system in before ground gets too hard. My electronics parts supplier seems to have gone out of business so will have to find another.

On the RV park idea, the parks we checked on in OK. wanted too much for our kind of RVing. So we went on to MO. and TX. Make sure you can get the customers with a price / cost ratio that is acceptable. The owners blamed excessive taxes.

I wonder if septic is really a good idea with many people literally dumping their 50-100 gallon loads on you.
I think a large aerobic system would be better.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts