S 238?

Still 234 on my original Hopper. Noticed on 234, the custom list has been holding in the guide however on my Hopper with 238, it reverts back to my channels every morning as it used to.
Not what I wanted to hear. That sucks.
That would be reason enough for me to block S238 if I could.
I hate it when upgrades break things.

Not what I wanted to hear. That sucks.
That would be reason enough for me to block S238 if I could.
I hate it when upgrades break things.
Maybe it is just me, we'll see if anyone else verifies. On the other hand, as much as it drives me nuts, it is better than the other issues with 234 so I will take it for now and wait until they can fix the list sticking in the guide.

Still 234 on my original Hopper. Noticed on 234, the custom list has been holding in the guide however on my Hopper with 238, it reverts back to my channels every morning as it used to.
I am not seeing that. When I leave a favorite on at night it stays that way when I turn the TV on in the morning. Also, I am no longer losing my EHD.....

HWS got S304 last night too. Haven't had a chance to check it out yet. Joeys are also on S286.

Got the S238 push last night. Other than a few minor changes to the GUI I notice a couple of positives. The "ghost" timer on the leading alphabetical local network immediately preceding PTAT is resolved and all menu functions seem much snappier. So far, so good.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk2

It appears that the problem with doing several deletes of recordings and getting a blank screen indicating no recordings, that required exiting and reentering the recordings to redisplay the remaining recordings, has been fixed by S238

Last night my two Hoppers with Sling updated to S304 and my Joey updated to S286.

Haven't had a chance to check out any changgees/improvements yet.

awesome that's good... It's suggested it's got a few fixes for the hopper transfer. Even joeys connected to a hopper2000 will update to S286.

Last edited:
With S234 I was getting a horizontal "tearing" effect during scene changes while watching a program and when launching the EPG or DVR screens. The only way to get rid of it was to change my HD setting from 1080P to 720P. It appears to be gone with S238...... so far, anyway.

I dunno if this is new or not, never use custom lists (use locks instead,) but there is now a list for "My Off-Air Channels" that shows all the OTA. Is this new to S238?

My OTA signal is 100 on most channels so the black screen issue didn't affect me but maybe once or twice.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

When you push the red button you see the status of all of your tuners. The blue button brings up Applicaions...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)