S 238?

I just had my hopper switched out on the 19th due to an audio sync problem with the lower channels. Its running version s283. After the tech left I noticed the joey was at version s282. I unplugged the joey for a minute and plugged it back in. I took a few minutes but updated itself to s285.
My joeys updated to S286 overnight, they were S282

My Joey has sped up again with s286. At some point after the last update, it started to act slower.

Last edited:
My guide reverts to My Channels, which it was not doing with S234. Still drops one of my two EHDs.

I don't understand why Dish can't hire better software engineers.

Squash a bug, add a bug. Add a feature, add two bugs.

All of the VIP models and hopper should be reverting back to my channels, that is how it is designed to work. That was a change made quite some time ago.

It has never worked like that for me until S238. Normal behavior has always been for the guide to default to the list it was previously using.

If this is the new normal, it sucks.

That's odd. For me, prior to 234 the saved list did not hold in the guide and after 234 it did. Then on 238 it again reverted back to my channels but after others said they were not seeing this I rebooted last night and today it has held...so far anyway.

All of the VIP models and hopper should be reverting back to my channels, that is how it is designed to work. That was a change made quite some time ago.
Lucky, my Hopper is remaining on the Favorite I left it on. This has been the same since I got S238....

I'm sure Dish has some excellent software engineers, it's just that the software is now so damned complicated I can't even imagine the debugging that has to be done just to squash the big ones. I haven't done any serious programming in years but I remember getting into so many 'if then else' statements and 'do while' loops.... :eek:

It has never worked like that for me until S238. Normal behavior has always been for the guide to default to the list it was previously using.

If this is the new normal, it sucks.
Select the favorite you want and it will revert to that next time. Did for me.

I'm just bummed that I've been waiting for the update to fix some of my issues, and now it is even worse than before.

Joey too? I remember for the longest time the Hoppers would revert but the Joeys would not. I never use custom lists though, I use locks.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

My 722s before and now the Hopper 2000 at S234 (drat it) revert to a list I call SELECT and always have. It is mostly HD with no sports, no shopping, etc. but with a few SD that I might watch but not likely anymore. I'm recording several times what I can view what with culling PTAT to just the IMDB 8+ series with a few guilty pleasures, so have to do the next step and decide what to watch. Recording now so I can choose in the future.
-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)