S106 XACD UP

Good to hear that its working better. I know they are working on transfering recordings to your iPhone/iPad so I am sure transfering to a EHD has to be coming as well. (Hopefully)

Wow I hadn't heard that. That would be handy! At this point I just wish they'd fix it so I can stream the recordings on the iPhone, let alone download them!

I got to play with the update for just a few minutes this morning before headed to work.

It does seem snappier.

I like the logos in the banner.

I also like the color key shortcuts for many of the menu selections.

One thing I noticed was for the new COOKING CHANNEL in HD that the logo for the channel is WRONG. It shows the logo at QVC HD! (Which was the channel on TMP13 before they starting testing COOKING CHANNEL HD.)

Kind of funny.

A few screen shots are below.

I also noticed the jacked up Cooking Channel/QVC logo :rant:
ha that kind of stuff bugs me!

Also, does anybody else have this going on with any channel logos?

Attachments

• 100_0657.JPG
    100_0657.JPG
    703.7 KB · Views: 206
Noticed this update does allow video to be played through home media (DLNA)... :clap

This is the info I have been waiting for to make the switch.

Any details? What kind of Video? Can it do full movies? How is the sounds?

So to confirm I can watch movie files that are on my PC?

I know they are working on transfering recordings to your iPhone/iPad.

That is HUGE news! I really hope this is true. My girlfriend and I both have ipads and she was just asking the other day why we can't just move stuff from the DVR to the ipads instead of downloading it. Let's hope this is true!!!

Still some recording issues for me.

Started watching a recording of a show last night. Finished it. Tried to delete it. Couldn't. Tried switching to the show that was being recorded. Couldn't, despite the fact that it was (according to the box) still recording.

Waited for the show to end. Waited a few minutes more. Rebooted. Went to DVR to watch the show I had recorded. Got an error 5 message about being unable to open the show's files. Had to delete it.

Also, my network connection still goes in an out of status - sometimes I'll go into broadband setup, and it shows a valid address, but "Failure" on server and internet connection, then all on it's own will change to "OK". 922 is given a permanent DHCP reservation, so it shouldn't be a DHCP timeout...

Aside from the addition of more shortcut keys, I'm not seeing much of a difference, in features or reliability.

Anyone know any tricks to get video to work? Using Windows 7 as my media server (WMP) the 922 will view all my pictures and all my music (and play it) but I've put 4 different video files on there in 4 different formats (mp4, avi, wmv, and divx) and none of them show up...when I go to video on the 922 it's empty (and all of them do play on the computer itself).

Any ideas?

On edit: and yes, I made sure I was running the new firmware

Update: Ok, seems it'll stream the video just fine via Orb, just not with WMP. :)

Last edited:
Still some recording issues for me.

Started watching a recording of a show last night. Finished it. Tried to delete it. Couldn't. Tried switching to the show that was being recorded. Couldn't, despite the fact that it was (according to the box) still recording.

Waited for the show to end. Waited a few minutes more. Rebooted. Went to DVR to watch the show I had recorded. Got an error 5 message about being unable to open the show's files. Had to delete it.

Also, my network connection still goes in an out of status - sometimes I'll go into broadband setup, and it shows a valid address, but "Failure" on server and internet connection, then all on it's own will change to "OK". 922 is given a permanent DHCP reservation, so it shouldn't be a DHCP timeout...

Aside from the addition of more shortcut keys, I'm not seeing much of a difference, in features or reliability.

I have the exact same network problems. The broadband icon almost never appears in my info bar either. (I have to go into the menu to see if it's working or not). Occasionally it'll be there, but the next minute, it's gone.

Haven't had any major issues with 106. Last night the Info screen was taking multiple remote button presses to appear, but seems better today after rebooting.
Added the color buttons to my Harmony One setup, but Yellow and Blue don't seem to Jump to their corresponding menu screen buttons, just page up and down the current screen. Red and Green work though, and really all I needed was the Red "Jump" function so I can get back to the top of the menu after scrolling down.

Remote Access Now Fails

The 106 upgrade seems to now prevent me from connecting to the 922 from my desktop for remote access. It was working fine before the update. Now, the connection dialog box just times out and indicates that the 922 is not online. The broadband connection is green. I have done all the usual resetting of the 922, connections, routers, etc with no effect.

I have the same problem with the iPhone app on the iPad, but after the attempt to connect times out I can then connect to the 922 with the "connect" tab and watch the live feed. Never have been able to play from the 922 HD with the iPad. Dish tells me the iPad is not supported?

I reported the 922 connection problem to DISH tech support but they had no suggestion. They did confirm the the new EHD support is oneway - from the EHD to the 922. Still no way to get files from the 922 to the EHD for now.

Would be nice to have a recording symbol when the info screen is brought up when the program is recording...

Last edited:
Dlna will be the thing that starts making me think about switching. I have lots of media I watch from my windows box via media center on my xbox.

922 just got one step closer to replacing my 722k. A few more months and a couple more updates and I'll be ready.

I have the same problem with the iPhone app on the iPad, but after the attempt to connect times out I can then connect to the 922 with the "connect" tab and watch the live feed. Never have been able to play from the 922 HD with the iPad. Dish tells me the iPad is not supported?

I have both an iPhone and iPad. The app works in the same way on both for viewing recordings...poorly. The only way to view recorded programs is to navigate through the menus using the virtual onscreen remote. The "watch on my iPhone" button simply streams live TV.

They are supposedly working on an iPad-specific app, presumably with higher resolution. At this point I'd be happy with iPhone-spec resolution if it would just work as designed on the iPhone. :(

i cant figure out a way to fast forward and rewind using playon, just pause and play

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)