S106 XACD UP

When you say "launch home media" are you talking about on the 922? I'm connected to the 922 via SlingLink and a router. The 922 shows an ip address and my firewall is showing the PlayOn server as active, as well as the program itself. I've reset the 922, rebooted the PC, nothing. I've got to be missing something.

Yes if you press Menu button on 922 there is "Home Media" icon in the Main menu. If you press select on icon to go in Home Media application. There you should see your playon server or any other DLNA/UPNP server running on the home network.

Basically Look at the images Scott posted you should see something like first image after selecting Home Media icon from the main menu.

when I try playon on my 922 it stops in the middle of the show.then I have to reset everything.I got roadrunner with powerboost.What do I need to do?

Does it stops at the same place?
Did you try pressing play button or cancel button on the remote.
Also try "View TV" or "Menu button" on remote and then go back in Home Media application.

Yes if you press Menu button on 922 there is "Home Media" icon in the Main menu. If you press select on icon to go in Home Media application. There you should see your playon server or any other DLNA/UPNP server running on the home network.

Basically Look at the images Scott posted you should see something like first image after selecting Home Media icon from the main menu.

That's what I figured you meant and that is what I was doing last night.
When I turned the box on this morning, it was there. The problem is that the download speeds must be really slow because the PQ sucks and it's choppy.
When I download a movie off DishOnline I get fantastic speeds, at 12-13Mbps, but not so on PlayOn. I'm getting MAX speed via the PlayOn settings menu, but my PC processor performance is only medium. This may be the issue as minimum requirements are P4 3.2 GHz/dual core and I'm running a P4 2.8GHz with 1.5mb RAM. I have video performance set to auto.

Anyone with any ideas? Why would I get such great speeds with DishOnline on the 922 but not PlayOn?

There is no conversion needed to play MKV files. It plays them out of the box!

Make sure you have the right set of codecs installed on your PC. It even says so when you configure My Media portion of it in PlayOn(Needs VLC at a minimum).

I do a lot of video editing on this PC so I have a bunch of codecs and software installed so I don't know if VLC is all you need. If it doesn't help then install AC3filter and Haali Media Splitter. I also have CoreAVC installed and it plays all h.264 nicely regardless of the container type(MKV, ts etc).

Man I love the Home Media addition on the 922. PlayOn + 922 = great combination :up

When I turned the box on this morning, it was there. The problem is that the download speeds must be really slow because the PQ sucks and it's choppy.
When I download a movie off DishOnline I get fantastic speeds, at 12-13Mbps, but not so on PlayOn. I'm getting MAX speed via the PlayOn settings menu, but my PC processor performance is only medium. This may be the issue as minimum requirements are P4 3.2 GHz/dual core and I'm running a P4 2.8GHz with 1.5mb RAM. I have video performance set to auto.

Anyone with any ideas? Why would I get such great speeds with DishOnline on the 922 but not PlayOn?

If it is not dual core at a minimum and you are trying to play h.264 or don't have the right codes, then video quality will be choppy regardless of the bandwidth. Bandwidth inside home in the same subnet is high for everyone by the way, so that is not the issue here.

There is no conversion needed to play MKV files. It plays them out of the box!

Make sure you have the right set of codecs installed on your PC. It even says so when you configure My Media portion of it in PlayOn(Needs VLC at a minimum).

I do a lot of video editing on this PC so I have a bunch of codecs and software installed so I don't know if VLC is all you need. If it doesn't help then install AC3filter and Haali Media Splitter. I also have CoreAVC installed and it plays all h.264 nicely regardless of the container type(MKV, ts etc).

Man I love the Home Media addition on the 922. PlayOn + 922 = great combination :up

I agree if you use playon you don't need conversion to play MKV files. If you use other server which does not support transcoding like playon does then you will need to convert MKV files to MPEG-TS file using "txmuxer gui". Takes about five minutes for a movie. Just changes container no AV.

I was able to use TVersity (make sure to turn off transcoding) and converted MPEG-TS file get DOLBY 5.1 audio working which I don't get using playon at this time. I tried DTS audio but it did not work.

Have you tried changing "video performance" setting in "playon setttings" to media or low. Also what does your system check screen say in playon settings. I would also say search/put your questions in playon forum you might some answers. Also while playing the vidoe go on your pc and press "CTRL + SHIFT + ESCAPE" same time to bring task manager and see CPU and network load.

Wow this version of the software really stinks. The DVR menu with all of the graphics takes forever now to page up and page down through the recordings. Also the graphics don't show up right away and area all displaying some Dish Network graphic instead. I pulled the plug on the receiver and restarted and the problem remains.

Seems like a BIG time step backwards here. At least on the user interface end of things. :( Please fix this dish.

I notice now that EACH time I enter a folder , that it will show the cycle of bars then it will enter . IF I delete a show it will immediately go to the back button instead of show the remaining shows in that folder. Which means I have to once again select the folder , wait for the cycle of bars to finish and reenter the folder. It is much slower process. Also I do not like the show ending and defaulting to media instead of delete. I was used to hitting select after the show and it would delete. If I hit the media button by mistake , I then have to hit my recordings, wait for the bars cycle , select the folder , wait for the bar cycle again then hit the show again and delete , wait for the bar cycle again to finish . I find the whole process a litte frustrating. Before it was much faster.

The default to media is a much better option, They just need to update the next screen to default to "NO" instead of yes like on all the other DVR models..

The general idea is to make it as hard as possible to accidentally delete since there is no way to recover a deleted show.

well throw me in to the group of few that are experiencing a slower receiver after the update. I only see a slower response time when accessing the DVR, a second or two of the green loading icon and then it'll come up. Whereas before it would just come up.

The one thing i would like to see changed is how it behaves playing shows from a folder. For instance. I have been recording the latest season of rescue me on fx. I have a few episodes in the rescue me folder. If i highlight the folder it says press play to watch the latest episode. It's a series. I don't want to watch the latest episode, I want to start at the beginning and watch the oldest episode.

I miss the feature of my directv dvr where when you hit play on a folder it would not only play the oldest episode, it would automatically play the next episode when you're done watching the first one. Very neat feature.

I noticed this morning that the software was updated to S107 over night. I don't know what if anything it changed or added. I could tell no difference, but I did not have a lot of time to play with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts