S223 is out

3HaloODST said:
I thought the OTA software was already there? We're just waiting for the hardware at this point IIRC.

Other way around. The hardware is (and has been) ready to go, they have been waiting on the software.

As far as Bluetooth goes, it was released, it's in the menu and yes, it does work. I tested it with my Creative D200 BT speaker.

I was surprised with the update Saturday morning.

The screen that gave a brief rundown of the new features was nice. Better than just stumbling across them.

The soft delete is great, I missed it from my old TiVo. There is also a tile for this at the bottom of the DVR content list.
There is also a "Rentals" tile next to the PTAT tile on the DVR content list.
The What's Hot feature isn't really of much use to me. I don't watch something because it's popular. Also, the hottest show nationally was "Paid Programming".
The Bluetooth worked on my LG HSB700 and my Sony Ericsson MW600. I had some issues with disconnecting and reconnecting them. I had to unpair/repair sometimes to make it work.
The Game Finder is handy and easy to use.

I did have two instances when it rebooted while I was looking through the DVR contents.

Wonder how long till it's released for the rest of us.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

I was surprised with the update Saturday morning.

The screen that gave a brief rundown of the new features was nice. Better than just stumbling across them.

The soft delete is great, I missed it from my old TiVo. There is also a tile for this at the bottom of the DVR content list.
There is also a "Rentals" tile next to the PTAT tile on the DVR content list.
The What's Hot feature isn't really of much use to me. I don't watch something because it's popular. Also, the hottest show nationally was "Paid Programming".
The Bluetooth worked on my LG HSB700 and my Sony Ericsson MW600. I had some issues with disconnecting and reconnecting them. I had to unpair/repair sometimes to make it work.
The Game Finder is handy and easy to use.

I did have two instances when it rebooted while I was looking through the DVR contents.

Thanks for the seemingly thorough information.....:)

Do you actually have to use headphones or can you use an earpiece? It would be handy for significant other to stick the thing in one ear with the music channel on and go to sleep with out bothering me with the sound of TV anymore. This is going to be the best thing since they invented the hopper!!!!!!!!!!!! Silence at last

Other way around. The hardware is (and has been) ready to go, they have been waiting on the software.

I could have sworn that I read somewhere that the software is already there. I know that they have produced some of the OTA hardware, what I meant by waiting is waiting on enough to be produced for everyone to get one. I'm sure though, like every other piece of Dish software, there are plenty of bugs to be worked out.

I chuckled.

I wish when these update are doled out Dish would post information. It always seems when they send out the updates it takes days to filter in or out the accurate information.
And I wish those who do get the updates early would get into it a little more in their sharing of information.....
rolleyes.gif
Yeah, Dish was releasing half-assed release notes for a little bit, even made their own forum just for that purpose, then suddenly nothing for months.

23 updated here and it says bluetooth feature coming soon. I'm able to get bluetooths on a discount. I have the jawbone bone icon and it can do calls and music so cool. Only 58 bucks too. Ebay you can get them for around the same.

dishfan82 said:
23 updated here and it says bluetooth feature coming soon. I'm able to get bluetooths on a discount. I have the jawbone bone icon and it can do calls and music so cool. Only 58 bucks too. Ebay you can get them for around the same.

So bt is not active? We have posts going both ways now...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts