S223 is out

I noticed that nobody with S223 has mentioned soft delete or any of the features that the "employee" in this thread mentioned... I figured it was too good to be true...

I noticed that nobody with S223 has mentioned soft delete or any of the features that the "employee" in this thread mentioned... I figured it was too good to be true...

It's odd how the new updates are doled out to employees, testers, or just randomly. It's also odd how there's a scurry and then nothing until the rest of us get the goods....I've seen maybe two or three who have the update, made some comments and then nothing more. At the other places nobody is admitting to it...It seems odd... :confused:

3HaloODST said:

Considering that the three people that report having received the update confirm that this feature is there, I'm wondering how you came to this conclusion.

dangue said:
Considering that the three people that report having received the update confirm that this feature is there, I'm wondering how you came to this conclusion.

There are more than three people in this thread reporting having acquired S223... Some people are saying BT works, others saying it's not. Some people are saying soft delete works, others don't even mention it... Makes you wonder...

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

I had two 722K's both equipped with OTA modules. I had plenty of frozen screens/reboots with them. I've had to reboot my Hopper once since it came out. The Joey twice. That seems pretty stable to me for an early box.

My point was, that iterations of software come far faster on Hopper than on any other Dish receiver ever. If it is working this well now, I feel comfortable in saying that it will only get better and Dish is going to stay with this platform for a long time, which is a good thing for us as consumers.

The iterations of software may come faster for the Hopper (some could say that is entirely due to the number of problems btw), but not a single software update has fixed a single one of MY problems. In fact, each software update has brought at least one NEW problem. For example, S223 has now wrecked my Weather Channel function in the menu. So, I am delighted that YOU are having a better experience, but such is not the case for everyone. I had ZERO incidents or problems during about a six year period (would have to check my contract dates for sure) on TWO 722's. In fact, one of the 722's I had for longer than the other and still had zero issues.....ever. When I traded one of the 722's in for a 922, I regretted it within 24 hours. When I traded the second 722 in for my two Hoppers, I did not regret it as much as the first time I lost one, but I still wish I had at least one 722 around. Now granted, I do not have children around to abuse the equipment, but I really admired that 722's functionality and reliability (still miss manual timers).

dishfan82 said:
I thought i had s23 but that was a different number i looked at. S23 hasnt shown up yet which is why bluetooth doesn't work yet.

I have S223 and Bluetooth is still unavailable .

It's only available from the Hopper and it's under Settings. The Joey does not have this capability. Are you getting an error message saying unavailable or you do not see the icon?

I almost wonder if there are different versions of s223 out there. It's odd people having different experiences, did they beta test different versions of the software this time, with just more numbers after s223?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I almost wonder if there are different versions of s223 out there. It's odd people having different experiences, did they beta test different versions of the software this time, with just more numbers after s223?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

It is possible, but that would be a huge strain on support.

I have a TV that had had at least two significantly different versions of the circuit board released under the same model number. Yeah, it was pretty ugly when bugs started being discovered.

jwjun said:
It's only available from the Hopper and it's under Settings. The Joey does not have this capability. Are you getting an error message saying unavailable or you do not see the icon?

Thank you …

Yes it is in the settings....and the little blue icon....it says coming in the future .... Just like it said back in March 16 !!

The 722k was the culmination of several generations of Receiver/DVR.
Totally agree. The 722k was the "hero" or "lead" receiver of the entire VIP line. The software is solid, lots of features, hardware like a tank.

I suspect Hopper will be replaced in 18 months maybe 2 years with a hybrid of itself also...seems that's how they roll. They play, we pay, "and so it goes...."
I don't think so. I can see the next "922/Hopper-class" receiver being just a better version of the Hopper. Faster chips, larger drives, more tuners, maybe even built-in OTA again. Essentially what you can do with 2 Hoppers, you will be able to do with one because the chips inside will be smaller, faster, and cheaper to build. This "hybrid" receiver that you think is coming was the 922. It had hardware similar to the 722k, but was running software similar to the Hopper. With all the work Dish has done with that software line, they are not going to abandon it.

That's the nature of technology people. If you want the latest products right now you are volunteering yourself to be somewhat of a beta tester. Not sure why everyone thinks it's just Dish receivers. It happens with all types of technology. It's not like any of us had to get the Hopper right away. I wanted it right away and was willing to try it out even if it would have bugs, that's part of the fun for me. I think that's why most of us here got it right away, we love to be the first to use it and the first to find bugs.

Do you actually have to use headphones or can you use an earpiece? It would be handy for significant other to stick the thing in one ear with the music channel on and go to sleep with out bothering me with the sound of TV anymore. This is going to be the best thing since they invented the hopper!!!!!!!!!!!! Silence at last

You probably can use any Bluetooth device that has the Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) profile. Many earlier headsets only supported the Headset (HSP) profile. I would think pretty much any headset you get now days does.

I don't think so. I can see the next "922/Hopper-class" receiver being just a better version of the Hopper. Faster chips, larger drives, more tuners, maybe even built-in OTA again. Essentially what you can do with 2 Hoppers, you will be able to do with one because the chips inside will be smaller, faster, and cheaper to build. This "hybrid" receiver that you think is coming was the 922. It had hardware similar to the 722k, but was running software similar to the Hopper. With all the work Dish has done with that software line, they are not going to abandon it.

I though that is what I was saying, "a hybrid of itself". The engineers will add more powerful this and that, bigger that and this, more bells and whistles and some of us will jump at the newest bestest thing...according to Dish.
It's the nature of technology. If you want just to watch TV....the 722 is for you, easy to use, nice features, stable... The vip922 or Hopper it is not, both were and are a work in progress...but interesting. :coffee

I have identified a bug in the new software that I've reported to Dish.

If live TV is paused and you try to change channels in the guide or watch a DVR recording it will reboot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts