S528

That likely is not going away anytime soon. It is a popular feature that is utilized across the industry as of late.
At least they could have made it optional. You know, a way to turn the thing off. As it is, the box pops up not only when you tune to a program already in progress, but at times pops up after you use the info button or the live TV button perhaps just to check the time. But not always, which kind of tells me there's some sloppy programming that needs to be corrected.

Every single feature has had someone saying they should make it optional. Dish, and most providers, do not offer many optional features. It's just not how it works, would likely be time and space consuming, and would probably inspire more calls to customer service asking why an advertised feature doesn't work. Everyone just wants their "one" feature to be optional, but it's never just the one. As mentioned, that feature is becoming an industry standard. You cannot even get out of it switching to the competition.

Every single feature has had someone saying they should make it optional. Dish, and most providers, do not offer many optional features. It's just not how it works, would likely be time and space consuming, and would probably inspire more calls to customer service asking why an advertised feature doesn't work. Everyone just wants their "one" feature to be optional, but it's never just the one. As mentioned, that feature is becoming an industry standard. You cannot even get out of it switching to the competition.
Or: One man's drink is another man's poison.

If that is indeed the case, they should at least correct the sloppy programming that causes it to randomly pop up.

Both of my hoppers remain at S525. I'm guessing that they are testing and fixing bugs using a small subset of hopper customers.
I'm guessing that based on how many have S528 now, it is probably on a majority of the Hoppers as opposed to a small subset.

With the dropping of S528 the Carbon UI will hit quickly
I see little reason to believe this is true. There are still quite a few bugs in S528 that should be squashed before they get buried under a pile of new (or possibly returning) bugs.

The no audio on audio channels after DVR or Netflix bug is high on my list.

Mine is working flawlessly.
So is the flashlight that is never turned on.

Try this:
  • go to a DISH audio channel
  • view a DVR clip
  • stop and exit the DVR feature
  • see if you can hear the audio on the DISH CD channel
If you don't hear audio after returning from the DVR viewing, you Hopper isn't working flawlessly.

Reactions: SandFarmer
I just tuned to channel 79, left it there for a minute or two, then played a DVR event for a minute, then hit the 'Live TV' button. I'm listening to "Juan Carlos Quintero" as I type this...

I see little reason to believe this is true. There are still quite a few bugs in S528 that should be squashed before they get buried under a pile of new (or possibly returning) bugs.

And also fix the intermittent remote control freeze up bug for two or more Hoppers that are configured to see each other.

According to Scott, they are rewriting from scratch, so the old bugs would not matter as much. It's the new bugs that you would need to be concerned about.

According to Scott, they are rewriting from scratch, so the old bugs would not matter as much. It's the new bugs that you would need to be concerned about.
Color me scared on this one.

This morning I had my first REAL "Strangeness" since S528. At 1:02am the screen went black and a couple of seconds later a floating block, not the usual game widget ad, came up saying that my unit was off and to press Select to turn it back on. But if this was not correct and an error had happened to do a Red Button reset . . . It was kinda quick so I didn't get all of it. Then back to black, that would made a great title for a song, the fan rev'd and then I got the blurb over the Roo logo saying that is was updating the Guide and there was X amount of time left (and counting). This was a whole new and faster process cycle and not at all like previous "early morning updates". Usually, as I have mentioned, the Guide update happens, if you wait to watch, about 5 minutes after the "start up screens" process is done. No Start Up Screens or that whole process this time. I watched for a while longer and at about 3:43am I got the "update pop up" panel and just said no. Wasn't bothered again an hour later and who knows what happened after that when I shut things off for "the night".

Color me scared on this one.

This morning I had my first REAL "Strangeness" since S528. At 1:02am the screen went black and a couple of seconds later a floating block, not the usual game widget ad, came up saying that my unit was off and to press Select to turn it back on. But if this was not correct and an error had happened to do a Red Button reset . . . It was kinda quick so I didn't get all of it. Then back to black, that would made a great title for a song, the fan rev'd and then I got the blurb over the Roo logo saying that is was updating the Guide and there was X amount of time left (and counting). This was a whole new and faster process cycle and not at all like previous "early morning updates". Usually, as I have mentioned, the Guide update happens, if you wait to watch, about 5 minutes after the "start up screens" process is done. No Start Up Screens or that whole process this time. I watched for a while longer and at about 3:43am I got the "update pop up" panel and just said no. Wasn't bothered again an hour later and who knows what happened after that when I shut things off for "the night".
EXACTLY what happened to me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)