S541Old CUI Update Hopper with Sling

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
My Hopper w/ Sling is refusing to play this weeks episode of Channel Zero: Candle Cove ... the screen just goes black, locks up and the Hopper w/ Sling reboots itself. I just noticed I was at S541.

Weirdness my second Hopper w/Sling with S541 was able to view the said recording that keeps crashing the first Hopper w/ Sling without crashing it. The only correlation I can think of that would cause this is something to do with HDMI as the first Hopper w/ Sling isn't displaying the episode when viewing through the second Hopper w/ Sling.

(I would of edited my previous post and added this information but apparently to much time has passed since I last posted.)

I received the S541 update yesterday for my HWS and it seems to me at least, nothing's changed. Is this update supposed to have some noticeable effect?

I wish DISH still put them out. :)
I never understood why Dish thinks that it is such a big deal to publish software release notes. A lot of other major manufacturers do it regularly. It really is not that hard for one of the engineers to spend 25 minutes writing a brief list of the changes.

I remember when Dish stopped publishing release notes, the excuse they gave was that the person that wrote the release notes was no longer working for the company, so they couldn't do it anymore! WTF! Dish only had one person who was capable of writing release notes!

can't see any changes with S541 on my HWS
It seems as Dish only 'notifies' users of updates that they will "see" by displaying a pop-up on the receivers the first time it's turned on after an update.

Otherwise, changes are typically back-end, that the user doesn't see and otherwise would probably never know it was broken and subsequently fixed.

Got S541, 11/2 at 7:41am on main HwS and since I have picture break-up and audio dropping together or separately often. But when you skip back and replay the part that appeared to be damaged, everything is fine. Now what's this all about?

A bit off topic:
. . . I had a bad port on the DPP44 switch. . .

How long have we been able to use DPP44's? DISH told me we couldn't since they burn out Duo Nodes. I lost my 129 wing dish and gained Rain and Snow Fade. Although last re-aiming, I talked the tech into running a line from the fourth port to hook up my 129 wing when I get to it. That is fed up with rain and snow fade and have another re-aim. He gave me some pointers when I do it. He thought it was a good idea.

Now back to our regularly scheduled conversation. Although it's listed wrong in the guide. (snark)

A bit off topic:

How long have we been able to use DPP44's? DISH told me we couldn't since they burn out Duo Nodes. I lost my 129 wing dish and gained Rain and Snow Fade. Although last re-aiming, I talked the tech into running a line from the fourth port to hook up my 129 wing when I get to it. That is fed up with rain and snow fade and have another re-aim. He gave me some pointers when I do it. He thought it was a good idea.

Now back to our regularly scheduled conversation. Although it's listed wrong in the guide. (snark)
As far as I know, it was always possible to use a DPP44 switch with a Hopper system. Here is a link to a thread with the Hopper Install guide in it.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/threads/hopper-and-joey-wiring-diagrams.279755/#post-2806418

Reactions: Troch77
Just checked and main HWS got S541 on 10/20 and my second HWS got it on 11/02. But nothing has changed like other people have said. So I've read this thread and looked around on the HWS, is S541 suppose to have the CUI? I've been warning my wife for a while of what may be coming.

is S541 suppose to have the CUI?
No, the Carbon UI software is an entirely different version number. The version starts with "U". On a Hopper with Sling, the 2nd digit (for now) will be a "2".

When you get the update, there will be no confusion of whether or not you may have gotten it. You'll know. Then again, I think Dish is sadly defaulting to the "Classic" theme to lessen the impact.

Carbon UI may never come to the hopper or HWS. I think we can all figure out why. Let's just say dish thought better of it.

Reactions: navychop
It may be that the old UI will be left to a lingering death. Incentive to move to H3.

An "update" to the VIPs could add features and slow operation, providing another incentive. I'd suggest they start with the ViP612. :devilish

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts