S541Old CUI Update Hopper with Sling

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Any word on what this update is suppose to do for our HWS?? (Scott, you out there?)
Thanks, Gerry
I haven't noticed anything. All my HWSs remote control lockups still happens on the hour and half-hour. I hope the new UI fixes that when it comes out. I have heard that it does.

Is this the version that is going to prompt users to update to the new interface IF THEY WANT TO (early)?

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

512cfedf0fa0cf26adfe185dd04f6a46.jpg

I do not have the update yet, but for those that do. Check to see if they have added a folder giving the individual the option of going to the new CUI or staying with the old. From what Scott said, it my be in there somewhere. Plus I thought the new interface was called CUI and the current was just UI. The title to this thread is very misleading.

Reactions: Hall
I have S541 NDED on two hoppers ( 2nd gen) that are bridged. The upstairs hopper is connected to the internet and bridged to the downstairs unit.

The downstairs hopper appears to be on the Internet (based on diagnostic tests) but is unable to access on-demand programming, Netflix or be accessible on Dish Anywhere devices. I was told by Customer Service this is a known feature (bug) on 'some' of the S541 installs. Anyone else seeing this?

The CS rep indicated there was no resolution at the time we spoke.

The downstairs hopper appears to be on the Internet (based on diagnostic tests) but is unable to access on-demand programming, Netflix or be accessible on Dish Anywhere devices. I was told by Customer Service this is a known feature (bug) on 'some' of the S541 installs. Anyone else seeing this?
Our Hopper w/Sling and Joey, running the new interface, have this problem. If you keep trying, it should eventually connect to the internet.

Our Hopper w/Sling and Joey, running the new interface, have this problem. If you keep trying, it should eventually connect to the internet.
I've never had a connection problem with Netflix under the New UI.
Joeys always connect as well, even the Joey 1.
I suggest you look into your networking.

To clarify, my basement hopper 2 is on the network. For example, I can use the weather ap. It is just on demand, Netflix and Dish anywhere connectivity that is lacking. The CS guy was aware of the problem and said some were fixed by shutting off bridging for for a few minutes and re- starting. This has not helped my issue. He did offer me Cinemax at half price, fid not take him up on the offer. I would prefer the problem to be solved.

Nothing wrong with the network. The Hopper connects to the internet just fine. Apps work, OnDemand works, etc, etc. It's just Netflix...

More details here: http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/threads/joey-and-netflix-fails.362543/#post-3933827
You do realize you are the only poster in that link you sent me?

So far I've seen 2 reports of this issue.
You may want to check your settings, because I have 2 HWS and had the carbon UI since U203, and I can honestly say that Netflix is the only thing that has worked as it should Flawlessly.
Exiting the app, has encountered issues occasionally.
Like no sound, or no Picture when going back to live tv.

But if your Netflix isn't connecting properly you may want to reset up your Hopper network connection.

How do you have it connected?
Whats your internet speeds?
Is your Bridging enabled? Is your Network have a Firewall?
Also don't go by that network status page, because I've found it to be inaccurate a few times already.

I've had my ethernet cable completely disconnected from the hopper, and it still said the network was good.
Until you tried to go into netflix or On Demand.
Does the On Demand work?

The power cord reboot did not solve the problem. However, after this morning's system reboot, all is working again. It also looks like last weekend's wind storm messed up my dish alignment. I guess that I will finally have to ditch my mixed arc system and install the 1000.2 EA dish with hybrid LNB.

I am glad you got her working.
Just an update. The problem was definitely hardware related. I had a bad port on the DPP44 switch. I swapped it out with a spare and tweaked the dish. Back in business. I will do the dish swap and rewire to remove the switch probably over the T-Day holiday. I finally got to use the Birdog sat meter that I got off Ebay for $35.:biggrin

IMG_0670.JPG

Had this message this morning on one of my HWSs that I believe was updating to S541. My other HWS updated last week.
Receiver has been stuck in this state for 4 hours alternating between 1 red bar and 0 red bars.
Called Dish and replacement receiver is on its way,

I guess that it is just my HWS that was broken by this update. I'll do the power cord reboot when I get home tonight and take it from there. I'll also have to check the other HWS I have.

My Hopper w/ Sling is refusing to play this weeks episode of Channel Zero: Candle Cove ... the screen just goes black, locks up and the Hopper w/ Sling reboots itself. I just noticed I was at S541.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)