Status
Please reply by conversation.

utah2

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 22, 2010
new york
Hello all :great forums:
As posted previously i bricked s9 by loading FW & TPsat chnl list from diff FW. Unit keeps booting, does not respond to rs232 no matter what. My understanding is bootloader on chip maybe corupt. (ichk bootloader box on loader) Any info on jtag of S9 ?

Anyways now use S10 with c2hs2-11-09-2 FW. Had trouble locating usbhdd that would work. Had self powered 1tb Toshiba worked with s9 not s10 now use usb pwred drive works good.

I now notice after s10 has been on 2 hrs or so picture frezes up (amc21 pbs ku chls)
No matter what chanl I m on. Almost looks like time shift pause except pic frzs & audio continues. I go into menu and turn off TShift & all is good for few mins then returns. I also tried menu disconnect of usb & problem still happens. I will try see what happenns with usb hdd removed altogether . I am noting usb because in the month I've had s10 I do not recall problem happening before usb drive installed. Drive is toshiba canvio 750gb usb powered. Drive is usb 3.0 with backward to 2.0 usb. Out of WD & seagate drives both self pwred & usb powered the canvio was only one that worked with s10. All others the s10 reported device was to slow to record.

Any info on whats causing this would be appreciated BTw I use spitfire LNB(abt 1 year old) & diseq switch & DG 380 motor. Could LNB cause this problem?:confused:
Thanks

My S10 stays on 24/7 and the only time that I"ve had any picture freezing was with Reelz TV and that tuned out to be and issue with the dish not getting a good signal, moved it to my Channel Master dish and the problem has never come back. This problem was always happening in the morning hours and sometimes just switching to another satellite or a stronger channel and it work be OK for the day.
You might tell us what your signal reading are as you my just have an issue with dish size or adjustment.

S10 freeze up

My S10 stays on 24/7 and the only time that I"ve had any picture freezing was with Reelz TV and that tuned out to be and issue with the dish not getting a good signal, moved it to my Channel Master dish and the problem has never come back. This problem was always happening in the morning hours and sometimes just switching to another satellite or a stronger channel and it work be OK for the day.
You might tell us what your signal reading are as you my just have an issue with dish size or adjustment.

Thanks for all replies.
IT happens on other Sats, but mainly 125W. I have 36 " dish spitfire lnb.
Q on 125 W varies from TP 12180 @ 75% to 12106 25-60% montana pbs oscilates on s10 & s9 (when I had S9 ) like crazy. LPB pbs ontp 12069 I do not receive without adjusting dish & skewing lnb very fine PITA as dish is on roof.

The freeze up problem I think is related to S10 FW & how FW runs USB drive, as I can go into menu & alternate with Tshift on/off & freeze up goes away for a time. This true when turn record Tshift off/on (BTW what does record TShift mean?)
This freeze up happens less often then it was happening & it also happened when disconnect of usb drive altogether. S10 does not run hot, it's located in open spot.

The whole issue of s10 recording function is strange imho considering the s10 not running a quality self powered toshiba hdd that the s9 worked with practically flawless. I read where some felt that self powered usb was way to go with s10 & I finally found the toshiba canvio worked. Other drives WD, Seagate both self powered & usb powered would not work. I think the reason canvio works is due to it's being usb 3.0 drive with backward 2.0 compatability. Also while the s10 pvr function offers to record in ps or ts mode (s9 ts only) the s10 will record H.264 signals only in TS mode & produces a glitchy quality of recording. S10 will also not accept ts recordings made on s9 ???
Anyway thanks for any info that is provided.:confused:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)