SA is the middleman

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

hillsmi

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 4, 2006
Michigan
Another thread stated that on / around 2/1, DN in conjunction with SA, may offer SA service?

I just received the latest SA mailer, touting the IPTV service. It came with an info request card. One of the options on there for customers was, "I can't get High-Speed Internet" (please call me to explore my options to receive SA channels on DN)

Another piece in the mailing states, "However, we do understand that not everyone in the U.S. has access to high-speed Internet service. If you fall into this category, please rest assured that you can still watch all three SA channels, Angel One, Angel Two and KTV on DN. Just call for details and one of our friendly CSRs will be there to coordinate your order for DN satellite programming, equipment and service. God bless."

So, SA is the middleman for DN to gain more customers by signing them up for at least the DN Family pkg at $19.99/mo.

Is SA going to profit by signing up customers? Is SA now a DN retailer, who would then make monthly residuals off new DN customers who maintain their service, and make a profit off newly installed DN customers?

It would be interesting to find out if SA has a DN retailer account.

If that is true then why can't they continue to honor the lifetime membership for DBS? Does this mean they are adding ktv to dish family?

well it appears E will create a relegious package:) hopefully they will just add to to AEP at 110 and 119,

anyone know if there is room?

We have Dish Family and that would be great if we get to keep KTV. Our kids love watching it a lot. I just ordered the Glory Star monoblock and dish yesterday so we should be getting Smile of the Child for them within a couple of weeks.

my conversation with Dish

This really made no sense. clear as mud as to if/when angel 2 and ktv will be on dish. He said yes, no , maybe. then said it was only available through SKY ANGEL, not dish1 If sky angel is somehow in the dbs business then why not honor the lifetime membership?

Please wait while we find a representative to assist you...
You have been connected to (05-03) Matt G.
(05-03) Matt G: Thank you for choosing Dish Network the leader in DVR and HD. How may I assist you?
****: I am a current lifetime subscriber for sky angel. I will not be subscribing to IPTV. sky angel is not trying to sell me a DISH package.
(05-03) Matt G: ********** is not bringing up a account, would your account happen to be under another phone number?
(05-03) Matt G: Ok, one moment.
****: What channels would be on the dish package besides the ones they mentioned, angel 1, angel 2 and ktv?
****: *********
(05-03) Matt G: Ok.
(05-03) Matt G: One moment please.
(05-03) Matt G: We do have Angel one and two and Ktv.
(05-03) Matt G: We have a package named the Dish Family package that carries our most viewed family programming.
******: what package will they be on? What happens to my lifetime membership? It seems like they want to charge me again for the same channels I already have
(05-03) Matt G: The Dish Family package is $19.99 per month.
****: angel 2 and ktv are not listed on the family package, when will they be added?
(05-03) Matt G: One moment.
(05-03) Matt G: Yes you are correct at this time we do not know if Angel 2 will be added to our existing channel line up, also the only TV channel that we offer is a international one, a Tamil-language channel.
*****: will angel 1, 2 and ktv be available on any of the other packages?
(05-03) Matt G: Not at this time.
****: They why is sky angle offing to sign people up for dish , stating that we can continue to receive those channels via dish network?
(05-03) Matt G: The only KTV channel that we have is a internation channel KTV, a Tamil-language channel.
******: my acct # is *************
(05-03) Matt G: You may be able to thru Sky Angel, we do not have information on what they are currently offering.
*****: which phone # do yo have listed for it?
(05-03) Matt G: ********* (the first # I gave him!).
******: You don't understand , sky angel is offering to sign people up for DISH network if they can't or won't get the new IPTV service. they clearly stated that I would be able to receive angel 1, angel 2 and ktv. are you saying that is not true?
(05-03) Matt G: It more then likely is true, however you would need to call Sky Angel to set it up.
(05-03) Matt G: Dominion / Sky Angel
800-759-2643
(05-03) Matt G: Please call the above phone number for further information.
*******: why would I need to purchase dishnetwork programming though sky angel? I already purchased a lifetime subscription though them that they won't honor
(05-03) Matt G: The agreement that Sky Angel is offering to you is the only way to continue to receive all three of those channels.
******: No, its NOT ok. I can't even get a straight answer out of you
(05-03) Matt G: WE do not directly offer those channels on a package.
(05-03) Matt G: On the Dish Family package we have Angel one, but not Angel two or KTV.
(05-03) Matt G: Is there anything else I can do for you?
*********: then who would I be paying, sky angel or dish? if sky angel then Why would I have to pay them for what I already receive via my lifetime package? what package would I be getting from dominion>?
(05-03) Matt G: The only information that I have in this department is that Sky Angel was going completely to IPTV service.
(05-03) Matt G: Our Dish network commercial department handles the Sky Angel and Dominion packages.
*****: What happens to my service when that occurs? date?
(05-03) Matt G: The only information that I have in this department is that Sky Angel was going completely to IPTV service.
(05-03) Matt G: Our Dish network commercial department handles the Sky Angel and Dominion packages.
*******: What happens to my service when that occurs? date?
(05-03) Matt G: I would need to give you our commercial departments phone number.
******: please give me a phone # to someone who knows what is going on.......
(05-03) Matt G: Please call Commercial 1-800-454-0843.
(05-03) Matt G: The commercial department has always handled those packages.
(05-03) Matt G: They should be able to explain what options are still available to you.
(05-03) Matt G: You are all set. Is there anything else I can do for you?
(05-03) Matt G: Are you still there?

****: yes, just copying the transcrpt for future reference
(05-03) Matt G: Is there anything else I can do for you?
******: no
05-03) Matt G: Thank you for using Dish Network Live Chat. Have a great day.
Thank you for visiting Dish Network. You may now close this window.
Your session has ended. You may now close this window.

Called, this is what I was told by dish commercial CS "giselle?":

There is no such offering for a dish package to carry angel 2 and ktv. Dish currently offers a different ktv which is a foreign language program

They have no channels scheduled to be added as updates to family package or other pkgs that are currently on sky angel, including angel 2 or ktv.

They will no longer do any programing changes or turn on sky angel customers. I guess that means if someones box goes out now, too bad :(

Has anyone else gotten that note/card regarding the ktv on dish? If so please scan it for the group.

You might want to write ceo@xxx.com (xxx=echostar). I've found that they are the only CSRs who really know what is going on in that company. The last time I talked to them they said Dish was considering adding a religious package. That was 2 months ago.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts