SA REceiver used for home use - Example

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
When the black day comes for my beloved 4DTV, I too would be interested in other options. I despise what the small dish providers have done to work against and convert us to the masses, DN in particular. I worry that NPS aka All American Direct has a relationship that is too close.

I would rather pay a broker to sub across the border than to support pizza or cable. Meanwhile my 18 OTA channels, RTV and wild feeds up there will serve my needs should such an event arise.

I've thought about getting Starchoice and can get it set up in one way or another. Charlie and Dave ain't gonna get my money for all that they did to us. Plus they offer a below par product to boot.

Love my Shaw Direct (Starchoice)

dont get me wrong...I love a HD backhaul the best. But when very rarely is there a hockey game backhaul its nice to have the CBC & TSN in HD :)

ICE how is *Choice/Shaw's picture quality on HD Im sure there SD looks like HITS since it's DC-2. Would you rate there HD to look as good a a c band SD master or better?

HD is very good. Shaw only puts 2-3 HD channels per TP (KU 8PSK MPEG4)....whereas Dish crams 5-6 on the same type of TP

I would put HD on Shaw up against a SD master feed. Most of the SD channels on Shaw arent bad. Some of the "locals" (CBC, CTV, Global) are bad because of the source feed but the Toronto and Vancouver locals are really crisp.

There was a post back about the difference between a HD feed and the compressed feed that I commented on.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/1994576-post3.html

HD is very good. Shaw only puts 2-3 HD channels per TP (KU 8PSK MPEG4)....whereas Dish crams 5-6 on the same type of TP

I would put HD on Shaw up against a SD master feed. Most of the SD channels on Shaw arent bad. Some of the "locals" (CBC, CTV, Global) are bad because of the source feed but the Toronto and Vancouver locals are really crisp.

There was a post back about the difference between a HD feed and the compressed feed that I commented on.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/1994576-post3.html

:up :)

IMO Shaw is probably the best when it comes to HD amongst the 4 DBS providers...the only thing is Canadian TV doesnt have alot of US college sports on it...but most are on a backhaul anyways ;)

It's a shame they won't do the Shaw IRD for the HITS HD. I'll bet it looks the same. In this day and age with everyone wanting HD and many quality it would sell nice. But instead they stick us with the mainstream garbage distributers (Dish, Direct, Cable) and they are soft with artifacts. Even OTA is going to the dogs by me, too many subchannels. The 4DTV SD masters look much better than most of my OTA HD channels now. Well at least we can do FTA DVB HD most out there will never see that. Now all I need is a few extra bucks to get a HD receiver for FTA. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts