Sacramento HD Locals disappeared!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Fgsilva

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 10, 2004
Vallejo, CA
so, got D* reinstalled sunday. Because I saw that in my old address (50 miles) away the locals included the cw I 'moved" back to the old house. It worked fine for the whole week. Then last night it couldn't find the locals anymore and gave me error 771. I called and we tried troubleshooting. System couldn't find sat 99(b) so tech said "that's the problem cause that's where your locals are coming from. Said I'd need a tech visit. Got transferred. since I "moved" I had to then "move" back to actual address. Once that happen boom, got the HD locals back for my actual address!

Today I called again to "Move" back. Lost channels again! Found out that sat 99(b) is not even on (so CS guy had no clue what he was talking about). Moved back... :) got the HD locals back.

What is going on??? I know these channels are spot beam but 50 miles away should still be ok( Considering I still got it for a whole week and if I input an address just 10 miles away that's the local I'd get!). Was anybody else experiencing problem with Sacramento locals yesterday??

What locals came back after you moved? Are they the SF ones? If so, they come from the 103 satellite so that would explain why you can get those but not Sac, if you still get a signal from 103 and not 99.

Yes, SF locals. So, was I supposed to be getting signal from 99(b) and then I lost it (dish may have got misaligned?)

What locals came back after you moved? Are they the SF ones? If so, they come from the 103 satellite so that would explain why you can get those but not Sac, if you still get a signal from 103 and not 99.

Yes, SF locals. So, was I supposed to be getting signal from 99(b) and then I lost it (dish may have got misaligned?)

Sounds like it. You can go to the satellite strength screen and see what the levels on 99 are (you should have a signal on transponders 1, 3, and 5, and 0 on the others). If they are low, then the dish is either misaligned or something has gone wrong with the dish's switch or wiring.

Thanks! Wonder if technician screwed up and didn't do a good job with the installation. But, it did work well for a whole week...

Sounds like it. You can go to the satellite strength screen and see what the levels on 99 are (you should have a signal on transponders 1, 3, and 5, and 0 on the others). If they are low, then the dish is either misaligned or something has gone wrong with the dish's switch or wiring.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts