Sad day for me... No more DTV...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

0deuce0

Original poster
Aug 18, 2006
Ive never really been a poster on this forum, more of a lurker, but I thought I would share my story with everyone since I have been an active reader of the forum.

I have been a DTV subscriber for 4 years, and moved houses. So I packed up my two tivos called DTV and everthing was set.

The first installer arrived and said he does not have the right equiptment for what I ordered, second time the guy just brought a HD-DVR (no dish), third time he said he just has a work order to upgrade to the 5LNB dish, not to wire the house. Then finally... The forth guy had everything right! Looked at my house and basically said... you have a tile roof, and rain gutters... Cant install it... sorry... Claimed some OSHA rules about tile roofs...

I cant express my frustration ( Let alone how many people I talked to on the phone... I had a free HD-DVR, all premiuems free for 90 days, and the NFL ticket free for all of my troubles )

So there was nothing I could do, I had to switch to COX... They did turn it on within 24 hours... But oh this DVR is horrible! (I really miss my tivos)

So my advice to all of you... If you have a tile roof and rain gutters ( I would imagine there are a lot of you out there), The new 5LNB Dish is not for you. (Apparently it weighs 50 lbs!)

I envy all of you! Cable sucks!

:( Sorry for your loss...If you are, ooops, were an NFL ST Sub, big loss, if not, maybe you will actually get better PQ on some of the National HD channels. Good luck!

I had to do a pole mount. It wasn't really a problem. I wasn't liking the idea of the dish mounted on my roof anyway. If you really like Directv, Get a pole. I bought a 15' galvanised pole and cement for under $50.00. Its really the way to go with the AT9's.:up

0deuce0 said:
Ive never really been a poster on this forum, more of a lurker, but I thought I would share my story with everyone since I have been an active reader of the forum.

I have been a DTV subscriber for 4 years, and moved houses. So I packed up my two tivos called DTV and everthing was set.

The first installer arrived and said he does not have the right equiptment for what I ordered, second time the guy just brought a HD-DVR (no dish), third time he said he just has a work order to upgrade to the 5LNB dish, not to wire the house. Then finally... The forth guy had everything right! Looked at my house and basically said... you have a tile roof, and rain gutters... Cant install it... sorry... Claimed some OSHA rules about tile roofs...

I cant express my frustration ( Let alone how many people I talked to on the phone... I had a free HD-DVR, all premiuems free for 90 days, and the NFL ticket free for all of my troubles )

So there was nothing I could do, I had to switch to COX... They did turn it on within 24 hours... But oh this DVR is horrible! (I really miss my tivos)

So my advice to all of you... If you have a tile roof and rain gutters ( I would imagine there are a lot of you out there), The new 5LNB Dish is not for you. (Apparently it weighs 50 lbs!)

I envy all of you! Cable sucks!

Sorry to hear it.

Just to add, there are many people here in the Phoenix area with AT9 that are mounted roof level and on chimneys. I have been a a few trips to LA and they too have AT9's mounted in the same manner. If you have ever been out this way, tile, gutters and stucco is the norm and the AT9 works. It weighs 32lbs.

If you have exposed joists underneath the eave, there is a product out there can help- it is essentially a non-penetrating undereave mount specifically designed for the AT-9. PM me and I can point you to the manufacturer if you really really want to go back to DirecTV- you can order the mount and the technician use it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)