This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Sad News To Report

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I have some sad news to report, I have just been informed that our friend Bob Hale (known here as N1WBD) passed away this weekend. He died at Hitchcock Hospital and Hanover NH at 9AM ET

You can find out more details about Bob and his death by CLICKING HERE

I want to thanks each and every one of the SatelliteGuys members who chipped in to make his last days with us as comfortable as possible, not only did you give him a voice in his last days but you also enabled him to get somoe goodies which took his mind off the pain of cancer. When I set up the special forum he couldn't see I was only trying to get money for the special speach software he needed, little did I expect that you guys would pay for the software and keep on giving.

I also want to thank Frank JR. who was working SO hard on something special for Bob, Bob was an avid ham radio operator and FrankJR was working through all the red tape so that Bob could talk to the International Space Station. It is my understanding that Frank just finished going through all the red tape including getting permission from the head of NASA to make this possible, the only think left (that I know) was to get Bob a special 2 meter radio sho that he could contact the space station. Thank you Frank for your hard work!

Thank you again for making Bobs last days the best they could be. Cancer is a terrible thing.

Whatever your drinking at the moment, please stop and pay a toast and remember a fellow SatelliteGuy member who is no longer with us. Rest in peace Bob!

Attachments

• cobrabo.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 141
R.I.P. Bob. You'll no longer need to be "DX'ing" with the one who makes it all happen...

Scott - Tks for your efforts and eulogy of sorts...

Wow. A lot faster than he or we expected. At least he had people supporting him on getting a bit done on his way out. Community.

Odd thing is, I was just thinking of sending him a PM this weekend to see how he was doing.

Last edited:
Found this tribute to Bob and thought I would share...