Sadoun 1.8M Polar Mount

Status
Please reply by conversation.

travisnj

Original poster
Jun 19, 2011
S.E. KS
I have used my Satlook NIT meter, peaked, and leveled and adjusted as much as possible the FD on my lnbf..

I have a DMX941, SD180, pole is perfectly plumb and all satellites are tracked as best as I can get..

The issue is that I cannot pull in PixL HD @ AMC 1 ... However I get ION networks/Qubo perfectly and intensity and quality at 72-80% respectively..

I also cannot pull in XFTV or RTV E/W @ AMC 3 but I get THis Networks, MEtv, NASA just fine

Last but no least; I will get Texas Cable News, Fight Now! TV but NOT GlobeCast America transponder with France 24

I had a mesh 10' that was great on receiving all these but I could not get KU on it so bought a 6'... I have lost many transponders and programming that I enjoyed... I know that no matter the gain on an antenna it cannot compensate for the reflector... But I have read that as long as I am in a EIRP of 42 or above that I should be okay... So I am asking for help from any senior member here with experience that could help me understand how I can be perfectly fine on a satellite and on many transponders but loose others...

Do I have my setup installed incorrectly. I have a dead 38 degrees and then my 5.25 degree offset for dish for an overall elevation of 43.5 degrees, I have used a level and my Satlook to peak true south at zenith location of 3C @ 95W....

Thank you for your assistance in advance.

Based on Parsons, Ks.

Last edited:
These are DVB-S2 transponders, and are therefore, more difficult to receive. Maybe more tweaking can make it happen, maybe not. the others you mentioned are not DVB-S2.

Getting several DVB-s2 channels is doable with the dish you have!I have the same dish and get RTV (AMC3) and PixL Hd (AMC1) with good sig quality.Looks like your dish or LNB just needs alittle tweaking.

Looking at the AMC3 EIRP (GAIN) maps, both Ct and Kansas are in the same EIRP zone ( Gain 40), so your results show be similar. I'm in a lower powered zone ( Gain 39) and I don't yet have a whiff of the RTV channels, but I DO pick up a number of other DVB-S2 tp ( including FEC 9/10) on other birds. I agree that probably you need a little more tweaking be able to latch onto the RTV mux. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.