Lost my 920 maps

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Cameron12

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 2, 2008
Missouri
Looked at my 920 this morning and noticed all lights lit up on front of receiver.
I knew this was not a good thing.
Unplugged and plugged back in only to find that my satellite tiles were gone.
Only a channel 1 shows and the clock is at 12:00 but working.
Unit ID is still there.
Tried rehit although I knew it wouldn't work.
I believe I am doomed.
C-Band since 82.
HELP !!!!!

Looks like it was stuck in diagnostics self test mode (pre boot all segments displayed) This could be caused by a few things. First unplug it & try disconnecting your LNB and plug it back in. You may have a cable or LNB issue. If that don't work you will have to do a Master reset because the tables are corrupt in your maps. If that don't bring it back it may be time to either ship it off to ATS or find another 4D to replace it. The 920's are getting pretty old and have a lot of miles on them. They are failing left and right.

I have it looped thru my Satcruiser and 2- days ago I turned the LNB power off on the Satcruiser because, I believe I was having a servo motor problem.
( Some channels were taking forever to load while others popped right in ). I need to go to work now so I won't be back till at least 1:00 CDT.

Things are looking a little better,
Did master and now I have a DC11 light, still stuck on channel 1.
Maps have not loaded
I'll leave it alone and see if they load.

You may have burned out the tuner in the 4D if you fed 18v to it. If using and external unit to power LNB the lead to the 4D must be DC blocked. I never was a believer in loop through methods on FTA receivers since there are too many variables involved. Its always better to use the 4D for LNB power and the master. Then use a a high block splitter with DC block going to your FTA receiver. Done that for many years and never had an issue.

If it won't go past channel one you will have issues getting your maps. You need to go to 11 or 13 on X4 using G9 to download. Try storing in G9 it should be there after a MR and go to 11 or 13 and lock the DC on 11 or 13 and let it sit for 30 minutes, you will have a channel count of less then 900 when done. If you have no tiles the flash ram went bad and it can't store data loaded from a MR.

Last edited:
Good Gosh,
I got some tiles !
S2 G6 S3 T4 G7 X7 G3 T5 G4 S4 W1 X4 A2 E2 M1 M2 G0 Xo G5 G9 C3 G1 C4 C1
I loaded G9 at X4 location got rehits on both and I got sound on 216 Style but no video even tried S- video.
I believe these are old maps.
I get a dc11 lock on all channels but no video.
This must be why it locked up in self test mode.
My video out is kapoot !!!!!

Last edited:
You can buy DC block or build them. I take an old antenna splitter . remove the back and inside parts, add a jumper across 2 connectors and 100 pf ceramic capacitors on the other connectors. I have built 3 and 4 way blocks. My C and KU LNB's have 4 receivers branching off.
You could have seen a AC powerline surge too. I run a 920 receiver no problem. Looks like the battery is sill working because of age changed the battery.

I bought the dc block kit from Sadoun when I got my FTA receiver.
Maybe it let the voltage get through ?
It has been working for maybe 10 years.

Try Channel 3/4 output instead of S video or composite. Perhaps the RF modulator still works.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)