Sadoun vs Fortec 6' cband dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jibaro29

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 13, 2007
Lake Worth FL
I am replacing my WSI 6' dish soon. The rust is taking over and I can no longer keep up with it. Can anyone tell me which one is better? Price wise I believe the one from Sadoun is cheaper but I am willing to pay extra to get the better dish.

Get plastic dish (Prodelin, Andrew, Channel Master.... etc). Could also be second-hand. Never rusts and great quality.

Is a 10 foot better than a 6?

Will I miss satellites with a 6?

I live in New Jersey

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Is a foot-long better than a regular hotdog?

YES!

SIZE MATTERS!

Go straight for a 10 footer minimum you'll never regret it. But you probably will if you get the 6 footer first, and realize later that maybe you should have gone for the 10 footer right away.

Is a foot-long better than a regular hotdog?

YES!

SIZE MATTERS!

Go straight for a 10 footer minimum you'll never regret it. But you probably will if you get the 6 footer first, and realize later that maybe you should have gone for the 10 footer right away.

Its not the size that matters its how you use it. :ban:

I am replacing my WSI 6' dish soon. The rust is taking over and I can no longer keep up with it. Can anyone tell me which one is better? Price wise I believe the one from Sadoun is cheaper but I am willing to pay extra to get the better dish.

IIRC, its was Sadoun--> Fortec--> WSI in terms of build quality. How that translate is reception I cant say.

Is a 10 foot better than a 6?

Will I miss satellites with a 6?

I live in New Jersey

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

10ft is better than a 6 footer yes.
Will you miss some satellite: maybe/probably. Depends on your location and satellite allignment. Some people are pleased with their 6footer reception while others not so much.

Sadoun is out of those dishes anyway but he doesn't update his website to show it. I tried to buy one in August and all he had left was parts. IN addition the only one that I know that might have a few 6' Fortec's left is Rick's but I've heard those dishes are pretty cheaply made.

Show me where to get a pastic 6' dish and ill be all over it.
Be patient and keep your eye on local classifieds, for sure some day you see something interesting. If I could get made in USA 2 pieces 1,8m plastic Prodelin offsets here, than, for sure some available in USA just waiting for you. :)

Well if I had the mold of the dish, I'd build it myself using my folks' fiberglass gun at their company.
Then borrow some dish from people you know and use it as an example to make mold of. But do not forget than mirror itself is only one part of dish. Another part is mount, which, by the way, is not so easy to make. At the end you will spend lots of time, materials (means money), and, possibly, performance of self-made 6-footer will be equal as 3-4 feet out-of-shelf antennas giving.

Didn't Mike Kohl mention that he had a contact for 10 and 12 foot mesh dishes?

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys iOS app

Yes Mike lists them under coming soon on his website (seems to be having trouble getting a supplier for the mesh).

He does however offer a full line of commercial grade solid dishes.

Last edited:
I have a Fortec 1.8m dish that does a good job, currently pointed at 107.3W and has no problem with reliable DVB-S2 C band signal reception. Purchased from Sadoun in 2007.

I also have 3 Prodelin 1.8m dishes, all converted to C band use with extra side mounted Ku band LNBFs for other nearby sats. All 3 obtained for free, 2 with NPRMs setup on the ground.

They do an excellent job and well worth it if you can score one. Best suited for fixed, non motorized use and they are very heavy and built to last forever. I still see them on commercial buildings around here, most installed in the 1990s.

I have worked with 6' dishes. They are right in the middle of nowhere. Seriously. Too small for all but the strongest of C-band service. Too big with it's inaccurate surface for Ku. Pleeeze buy an offset dish for Ku, and a 8' or larger for C-band.

Get the biggest dish you can find/afford. I have a Sadoun 6ft that I really like. It gets most of what lyngsat lists itc but am always looking for something bigger.

I also have 3 Prodelin 1.8m dishes, all converted to C band use

How do the Prodelin's compare to the fortec for c band reception?

Hi Folks,

We are out of stock on the polar mounts for the 6ft dishes. We have plenty of reflectors (6 panels and support arms) and floor masts. In another word, we don't have a complete 6ft dish to ship. If you look at the picture here, we have parts 1 thru 7, 15,19,20.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)