SAFE TV Available on Glorystar - Your Input is Requested

Glorystar1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 28, 2007
Roseville, California
Safe TV is performing a test on the Glorystar system for the next few weeks. Decisions are to be made if to offer this channel Free to Air. If you appreciate their programming, please consider supporting their ministry with donations.

Please call 888-777-9392 or drop them an email and let them know that you viewing their channel on Glorystar and thank them for making their channel available for free!

Satellite: Galaxy 25
Frequency: 12115
Polarity: Vertical
Symbol Rate: 22425

VPID: 1280
APID: 1281 English
PCR: 1280

Last edited by a moderator:
Iceberg .... You are the man! Thanks for the fix on the email!

If anyone participates in any other forums or blog, let people know about Safe TV testing. We really need to create awareness of their channel being available. Safe TV is ready to make a big leap of faith, but they need to know that they will have viewers and support!

Thanks!

So I've tried to add this to my Mercury II receiver (from Glorystar) and I can't get it to add.

I tried manually add the channel and I can enter in most of the info provided above

Satellite: Galaxy 25
Frequency: 12115
Polarity: Vertical
Symbol Rate: 22425

VPID: 1280
APID: 1281 English
PCR: 1280

But it won't let me enter anything for the last 3 items. It just remains 0 and I can't change it.

So I tried a transponder scan and no video or audio channels show up on the transponder scan.

Am I doing something wrong? I've added new channels before...

shibby
do you have signal quality on that transponder? If you do a manual scan/transponder scan it should work. It worked for me on my Fortec Ultra

I've got 70 signal and about 30-40 quality. I get most of the other channels on GA25 but maybe the quality isn't high enough to lock in for the transponder scan?

I get 70+ for both signal and quality on the other sat where the Adventist channels are.

30 - 40% is kinda low, but it should scan. .... Are you performing a TP Scan for the FTA channels on Galaxy25 / 12115 TP? What does the screen say upon the completion of the TP scan?

I have tried to scan SafeTV in on both a Lifetime Ultra and a Mercury II no luck! - I had to enter the TP pids manually on both. I have 62% Q on the Ultra as I view SafeTV right now. I played with smaller frequency steps on the Mercury II - still no luck. I have given phone support to some Glorystar customers, had them enter the PIDS manually.
Bob

We have tested 10 Mercury II "Glorystar" Firmware versions and all Lifetime Ultra "Hope Channel" Firmware versions for compatibility issues and have not found any problems scanning in Cornerstone, Safe TV or any of the other 12115 Christian Channels. Are you using Factory firmware and if so, what versions in each receiver?

We have been very busy that last few days helping customers scan in channels. The reps have not reported a single failure to scan in the new channels.

You might want to give me a call and go through the scan method that we use with our reps.

I have figured out where the scanning hitch occurs with the Lifetime Ultra (ver. 2.71 w/boot 6.1). If you have scanned in this TP in the past and the PIDs were scanned in with a different name. Then a new scan will not correct the name, so if you have 250 channels scanned to G25 as I do, it becomes a project to find. SafeTV PIDs had been scanned in with the name - "Product Info CH2" some time in the past. So I expect that if I had deleted the TP 12115 and then rescanned it, my results would have been different.

I will look at the Mercury II when I go into the shop tomorrow, I suspect I will find the same thing on it. I will try it on a M II that has not previously scanned G25.
Bob

30 - 40% is kinda low, but it should scan. .... Are you performing a TP Scan for the FTA channels on Galaxy25 / 12115 TP? What does the screen say upon the completion of the TP scan?

When I do the TP scan and select FTA (yellow button I think) it scans and then no channels show up in either video or audio lists and I get the message to save the changes to which I say no.

When I try to manually add the channel it won't let me edit the PID's.

This is a Glorystar firmware Mercury II, about a year old.

I'll try to tweak the GA25 quality up a bit and try again but it's going to snow again today (ugggggg) so it probably won't be until tomorrow or Saturday.

If anyone has any other ideas let me know.

I have figured out where the scanning hitch occurs with the Lifetime Ultra (ver. 2.71 w/boot 6.1). If you have scanned in this TP in the past and the PIDs were scanned in with a different name. Then a new scan will not correct the name, so if you have 250 channels scanned to G25 as I do, it becomes a project to find. SafeTV PIDs had been scanned in with the name - "Product Info CH2" some time in the past. So I expect that if I had deleted the TP 12115 and then rescanned it, my results would have been different.

I will look at the Mercury II when I go into the shop tomorrow, I suspect I will find the same thing on it. I will try it on a M II that has not previously scanned G25.
Bob
I have confirmed that a Mercury II that hasn't previously scanned TP 12115 then these channels will scan in properly.
Bob

I finally got it!

What I did was shut the receiver off via the switch and unplug it and then powered it back on. The funny this is after doing this I *lost all channels*. No signal on anything. I went outside and moved the dish a bit while my wife checked signal levels and bam, they all came back. This is very strange.

Anyway, after doing all that I was able to scan the transponder fine and got Safe TV going along with a few other recent channel additions we were missing like Ezra Radio.

So all is good!

By the way, Safe TV is running a message on the screen that says to follow them to Sky Angel IPTV or to Glorystar. So my guess is that they may stay up on Glorystar if they are telling their audience to buy Glorystar equipment. Wouldn't look too good if they decided in a month to not stay on satellite. :)

I will be pledging a specific amount of money to SafeTV as a monthly gift and letting them know it is because they are on GloryStar.

Just saw them talk about being on Glorystar on their America Talks show. Sure they pushed IPTV too but they had a special guest from Glorystar call in and explain the system :)

I have called into the America Talks show before. It is normally easy to get on the air. I think it would be good for those of us with GloryStar to call in about the topic they are discussing and mention we are watching on GloryStar.

Safe TV® presents America Talks, a LIVE call-in program, with relevant topics including: Current Events, Security, Cultural and Religious Conflicts, and Faith in God. America Talks airs LIVE on Tuesdays, 8:00 - 9:00 p.m. CT

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts