SAMI 7.5 Dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rrob311

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 25, 2010
New England
I have a line on a Sami 7.5' dish for pretty cheap. Does anyone have an opinion or review of this dish? I would like to know how well it will pick up weaker signals and dvb-s2 signals.

I picked up a 10 foot Sami today. Hope it works better than my 6 foot special, and I think I had it tuned pretty well

Hope it works better than my 6 foot special
I don't doubt it will. From what I gather, from this board, and others, is SAMI dishes are good performers. Quite a few were around here BITD.

cool, I havent been able to test my 6 footer yet(support arms got bent in wind storm) I am scheduled to pickup the 7.5 next week so I will try to post pics when I obtain it. I am getting a dish mover and pole with it as well.

Have had one for 7 years. It pulls in most dvb s2. It is very well tuned.

My 10' sami does a little better but the 7.5 works very well on both c and ku

Cool I am hoping to possibly set this one up permanently if the performance is good enough.

when hbo and cinemax were on G1 on 4DTV, i never had any issues locking the signals. those signals were tricky. my 7.5 had no problem.

my 7.5' gets a lot of fta dvb s2 feeds.

the price is good but the size is small. I hope you aren't dissappointed after doing all the work of setup and tuning. I tested a 7.5 footer also and took it down because it was not getting some of the signals and wasn't as strong as the 10' er. If I had to give someone my opinion it would be to start with a 10' dish. good luck.

I have a 7.5 SAMI and there is very little that I am unable to receive with it. I have been very happy with it.

bobvick can you receive the 1562 SR mexican locals on 99w with that dish? I got the dish but it is still in my Van. I probably won't have time to set it up for a couple of weeks but I plan on parking it on a bird that my 10' winegard doesn't have a clear shot at from trees. Maybe the Satmex birds.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)