Samsung BD-P1590 "wireless" not

J. Allen Head

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 23, 2003
Dahlonega, GA 30533
Does anyone know how to use another wireless dongle such as IOGear with this player - the one samsung wants you to buy is 80.00

I bought this Blueray player mostly to stream Netfix because i thought it was wireless and the fact that it does Netflix, Pandora, Youtube, etc would have made it a sweet deal at the reduced price from 199.00 to 129.00 untill i got home hooked it all up and the IOGear dongle then to my suprise no access point found.:rant:

Any help would be greatly appreciated :angel:

Impossible. You can not use wireless adapters with these players. BD players are not Windows/Mac based + there are no drivers. The Samsung dongles are specifically formatted to work with their players and their players only. There are basically 2 ways to go wireless:

1. Buy the Samsung dongle

2. Use an ethernet bridge/gaming adapter

S~

A little buyer beware is in order though I think, anything with 'ready' after the feature should be questioned and no assumptions made, unless you were sold on the wireless adapter I'm not sure why it was assumed it would work? That and it probably has an asterisk next to it on the box, and says right on the box that a Samsung adapter is required.

Edit: on my BP-1600 it says wireless adapter not included is all, doesn't specify the Samsung specific one is needed. I'd still have expected a Xbox 360-like proprietary adapter would then be required though.

You can try and return your items, or pick do what teachsac said.

I got the BDP-1590 for Christmas myself and saw the "wireless ready" label on the box and knew the added word "ready" was a clue.... I have a 5-port switch in the equipment rack so I had no intention of using it wireless anyway. Turns out lots of people fell for this and IMO, they shouldn't have because they read too much into it. One argument/analogy I heard was "when TVs were labeled 'cable-ready', did people think they came with cable TV service ?". :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)