Samsung Directv Ready TV

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If I still have to pay a $6.00 leasing fee a month and $49 install fee then I'll just keep the client. I could see paying 6.00 a month if I was leading the box but if the box isn't there then that fee shouldn't be charged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not that I agree with it but the 6$ charge is for the ability to watch directv programming. . Not a rental fee.
All that money spent for what just so you can see the difference, which you probably won't
then probably return it and say it didn't look no different then the 1080p HD or 720p.

After having done 4 different 4k upgrades I can see a difference in PQ on larger tvs. The only I didn't care for so much was either a 32 or maybe a 42.. but it was like bedroom sized. I've installed on two 65s and 1 55. They both looked great. But to each their own.

I thought the movies were suppost to be free for now? Forrest Gump is 11.99 for 7 days. Transformers is like 15 bucks for 7 days.. Yikes! Way to stick it to early adapters!

I thought the movies were suppost to be free for now? Forrest Gump is 11.99 for 7 days. Transformers is like 15 bucks for 7 days.. Yikes! Way to stick it to early adapters!
I always told my cm's that I wasn't sure. Scott posted it was free a while ago but maybe that was just for the authorization.

When it first started the prices were shown as 0.00. They must have fixed that glitch.

More importantly, the MVPDs other than DIRECTV and its Latin American holdings have apparently walked away from the Alliance.

Is that important because you aren't a Directv customer so you won't be able to take advantage of it? Or is it just that you want to make Directv look bad like you often do.

Reactions: scoop8
I know today when my wife and I took it out of the box she said man that thing is Tiny. I got a 40 inch tv but I said yeah I should of got the 48 inch but oh well. I can't believe how slim these new tv's are and how thin the bezels are. We will keep this tv in our living room for now and when we get it paid off then we'll get a bigger one and move this Samsung into the bedroom.

Is that important because you aren't a Directv customer so you won't be able to take advantage of it? Or is it just that you want to make Directv look bad like you often do.
As carriers lose interest, will manufacturers lose interest as well? Few standards that are exercised by only one or two companies (other than Apple) last particularly long.

I'm also concerned about what "future proofing" means to companies like Samsung and whether or not they are committed to following through with their sales promises. My favorite manufacturer of televisions no longer manufactures consumer models so I'm hunting for a new favorite.

My ultimate goal is to make sure that the facts are known and aren't supplanted by apologist assurances that DIRECTV has thought of and is in control of everything.

As carriers lose interest, will manufacturers lose interest as well? Few standards that are exercised by only one or two companies (other than Apple) last particularly long.

I'm also concerned about what "future proofing" means to companies like Samsung and whether or not they are committed to following through with their sales promises. My favorite manufacturer of televisions no longer manufactures consumer models so I'm hunting for a new favorite.

My ultimate goal is to make sure that the facts are known and aren't supplanted by apologist assurances that DIRECTV has thought of and is in control of everything.

So you think you know more about what's good for Directv than Directv does. Okay.

I'm still waiting for DirecTV to announce new partners. I'm hoping for either Sharp or Sony to add RVU capabilities as I'm a fan of both.

Ok I broke down and bought a new set for my man cave. Samsung RVU capable-50'' 4k..Open box 4k best buy 703 tax included.
This after upgrading my bedroom set to a 70'' 4k Sony. Ok Im broke now...But its just money right?
Hey, I just turned 50! Got my my stupid AARP card. (That means your officially old)
So throw in a midlife crisis and you have 2 4k sets!

Reactions: ejb1980
Ok I broke down and bought a new set for my man cave. Samsung RVU capable-50'' 4k..Open box 4k best buy 703 tax included.
This after upgrading my bedroom set to a 70'' 4k Sony. Ok Im broke now...But its just money right?
Hey, I just turned 50! Got my my stupid AARP card. (That means your officially old)
So throw in a midlife crisis and you have 2 4k sets!
Haha nice going. Do you already have a genie and broadband decas? If so let us know how getting the 4k turned on on the Samsung goes.

So you think you know more about what's good for Directv than Directv does.
What is good for DIRECTV has little to do with it. I'm concerned about what is important to know for end users who might otherwise be taken in by the marketing suggestions that something is going to happen when the evidence suggests otherwise.

What is good for DIRECTV has little to do with it. I'm concerned about what is important to know for end users who might otherwise be taken in by the marketing suggestions that something is going to happen when the evidence suggests otherwise.

And do you offer the same "sage" advice in the Dish forum?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts