Samsung KS8000 vs. Sony 850D

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Tron2012

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 6, 2012
IL Suburbs
Looking at each of these sets. As we all know with so many darn models out there it is tough to get all the facts on all models...and remember them all! From what I'm told these are two very good quality mid range options.

My question is since I have the Hopper3 and that already has 4K upscaling built in, should I have to worry about that as much in my decision? Meaning, I was told this Sony has a beefier upscaling processor (X1) but to me the Samsung looks to have a really great picture. Pretty close to the Sony but to me maybe a bit better?

I realize a lot of this comes down to personal preference as far as how your eyes view TV, but any help or your experience would be appreciated. Thanks.

If you care about HDR get the Samsung.
This Sony model will not be able to put out enough nits to make a difference with HDR.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: Tron2012
If you really want to go Sony I'd look at the 940D or the Z9D. Both are great sets.

Z series is nice but waaay out of my price range unless I win the lottery! As indicated, I need to stay in that mid level area for price and no more than 60" max.
940's are 75". 55" 930 may be an option though.

Thanks for the replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts