Samsung KS8XXX calibration settings

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rstark18

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 29, 2007
After getting this set (Costco 65KS800D) a few days ago I settled on these settings for calibrating the tv to the Hopper 3 . Anyone else have tweaked settings for watching content on a Hopper 3?
Picture Mode: Movie
Special Viewing Mode: Off
Backlight: 6 (Nighttime) 12 (Daytime)
Brightness: 45
Contrast: 95 (color cast at 96-100 using AVSHD test pattern)
Sharpness: 10
Color: 50
Tint (G/R): G50/R50
Digital Clean View: Auto
Auto Motion Plus: Off
Smart LED: High
Film Mode: Auto1
HDMI UHD Color: On
HDMI Black Level: N/A
Dynamic Contrast: Off
Color Tone: Warm1
White Balance: Default (I don't have a colorimeter)
Gamma: 0
RGB Only Mode: Off
Color Space: Auto

Reactions: charlesrshell
I got the 55 inch version in December. In wondering about calibration since I was coming from DLP (That was flawless) and not liking LCD, I found this:

That video reference is good for high quality sources but not from the lower res source of the Hopper (1080i). I find the settings in that video (and from rtings.com) give much too soft a picture.

That video reference is good for high quality sources but not from the lower res source of the Hopper (1080i). I find the settings in that video (and from rtings.com) give much too soft a picture.

Made mine look great for any source. OK for the highly compressed HwS signal. Only have to turn on HDR+ for that type of content. I like a film quality picture. I watch a lot of 4K and HDR from various sources and those settings work great. Hate the harsh digital edge and overall PQ that is so easy to get from LCD. But I have found that our 40" 5000 series that I got for the kitchen which took me 10 minutes of eyeballing to dial in, has a far better picture than the 8000 series. Also used rtings.com as a great reference also. Although as I said I'm coming from DLP that was flawless out of the box and didn't need calibration in the 8 years of use. I may be trying to emulate the picture that I got off my DLP. Which you can't beat. That's why DLP is what is being used in movie theaters now.

To each their own. I probably won't be happy until I go OLED. Too bad the space for this one is too small for any of my other DLP's. Oh well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)