Samsung Remote Codes

Status
Please reply by conversation.

VMI90

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 9, 2007
King William, VA
My co-worker upgraded to a HR21 receiver. They have an older Samsung model HDTV, and when the installer set up the remote it controls the volume, but does not turn the tv on and off. I know, minor inconvenience, but they hate having to have a separate remote just to turn the tv on and off. I went over at lunch to try and help out. When I did the remote setup it said there were 12 codes (I think from my memory) but it only displayed around 8 or 9. None of these codes worked. We went to the DirecTV site and it listed 30-40 codes, but none of those worked either.

Any ideas?

I had an issue at first with my Samsung, but it was different - it would control the volume, but it wouldn't let you hold the volume button down to go up or down more than one "step." You had to hit the button repeatedly. Changed the code a couple times and found one that worked... but it was one of the ones in the DirecTV list - 3rd or 4th, IIRC.

The code for repeating volume commands is 10702.

You will have to use the middle power key in the tv device to power ON & OFF the tv.

I too need the 10702 code for the repeating volume problem. But top right "on" and "off" buttons both turn the TV and DVR on and off.
Sammy 42" plasma.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts