Samsung (Side by Side Refrigerators) Reliability??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tele-TV

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 30, 2004
Hey guys. I need your help please. My parents ordered a Samsung Side by Side Fridge (its being delivered this Thu),...

1. Does anyone here own a Samsung Fridge and hates it?/thinks others should avoid it like the plague? TIA for your help.

I just spent a lot of Google researching with different phrases and want fellow friends opinions.

From what I read it seems like sometimes the fridge side gets (little) too warm. And some parts on the fridge side may get way too cold.

2. What brands do you guys recommend?

PS -

We have a Amana bottom DOOR (not drawer) freezer we bought when Fedco was still around. Still working strong! Thankfully. But now I read that Amana is part of Maytag (Whirlpool). And I don't trust Maytag after our washer drum failed within a year after we bought it.

I don't have any experience with ssmsung refrigerator, if you want to kwow how it works, you should try search some reviews for it online.

I can tell you the LG SXS we have is a fine machine, it chills better and more evenly, than any we've ever had. Keeps my Sam Adams Boston Lager at a chilly 33 degrees no matter where you put it in there...:)
BUT
The ice maker is the biggest POS ever invented by man. It leaks, runs water all down the inside of the freezer, creating a nice ice skating surface on the top of the drawers in there, it doesn't shut itself off when the ice bin is full either.

Of course, it started that right after the 1 year warranty expired.

I haven't heard anything good or bad about Samsung to help you with that, everyone I know swears by GE just like they did 50 years ago, even though they arent even the same company they were 50 years ago.

I hope some of that Rambling helped.:cool:

I've heard good things about Samsung refrigerators, but I'd certainly take into account the above comment.

We intended to buy the model that had separate compressors, or separate loops, for the two sides. That way, the temp in one side would not be so dependent upon the temp in the other. It was too large to fit, we bought something else. But if that feature is still available, I'd look into it. I know it certainly cost extra.

For defrosting, I know that the ones that use calrods are a lot more reliable than the ones that use coils. Most use coils now, I believe. But good luck getting that kind of information.

I have a Samsung french door fridge for like 6 months and it has worked perfect so far

I can tell you the LG SXS we have is a fine machine, it chills better and more evenly, than any we've ever had. Keeps my Sam Adams Boston Lager at a chilly 33 degrees no matter where you put it in there...:)
BUT
The ice maker is the biggest POS ever invented by man. It leaks, runs water all down the inside of the freezer, creating a nice ice skating surface on the top of the drawers in there, it doesn't shut itself off when the ice bin is full either.

Of course, it started that right after the 1 year warranty expired.

I haven't heard anything good or bad about Samsung to help you with that, everyone I know swears by GE just like they did 50 years ago, even though they arent even the same company they were 50 years ago.

I hope some of that Rambling helped.:cool:

I got the same problem with a Whirlpool, not quite to that extent, but close. The Whirlpool is only 3 yrs. old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)