Samsung TS360 Install Problem - Help??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jkesler24

Original poster
Aug 30, 2004
Have been with Directv for over 5 years. Had three SD receivers and last year added the HD package. Changed out the round dish for the oval and installed off-air antenna. Install done by Directv provider. Can't get any reception with off-air antenna. Anyway, package was working great since install date (sep. 04) until recently. went on vacation and came back and the hd receiver isn't getting reception.

dish is on the roof so i can't say for sure, but i assume the off-air antenna line is running into the multi-switch on the dish or somehow being diplexed with a line from the dish because i've only got three cable runs coming from roof into house. each line was running to a separate tv with the hd line being split back to 1 satellite run and 1 antenna run both connecting to receiver. like i said, this configuration was working well until a month ago. now, with this configuration, the hd receiver gets nothing, while SD receivers work fine.

these are questions:
(1) i have run the two working lines from SD boxes into a 3x4 multi-switch and connected each tv (including the hd receiver) up to the multi-switch. everything gets SD programming. however, when you change hd receiver to HD programming, the other tv's (if on) lose local stations. how in the hell is this happening??

(2) will it work if i get a 4x8 multiswitch and run all three lines from roof into multi-switch and then run each receiver line directly to receiver??

i am really trying to avoid a directv service call. i know i am smart enough to figure this out and hope someone can help me with the configuration.

jonathan

You may have already done this but did you try a reboot? (Push the red reset button inside the smart card door).

My Samsung 360 thinks it is a Dish receiver and needs to be reset every couple of months. :D

the au-2 lnb (oval Dish) will not permantely work with a 3x4 multi-switch. If you only have 3 rec. just remove the 3x4 switch a diplex the off-air into the hd feed.

dalos2004 said:
the au-2 lnb (oval Dish) will not permantely work with a 3x4 multi-switch. If you only have 3 rec. just remove the 3x4 switch a diplex the off-air into the hd feed.

What do you mean by this? What fails? I just got the oval dish and only have the HD rec hooked up. Was going to use SD for upstairs TV. I only have one cable going upstairs and it wouldn't be nice to pull a second just to use an AB switch. Figured on using 3x4 with cable input.

still have question re: multiswitch

my dish only has three lines coming down from it. can these lines be hooked into a 4x8 or 5x8 multiswitch to provide signal to all three signals??? also, if off-air antenna is running in with the multiswitch on the dish, can it be split off before the multiswitch??

thanks for any help.

jonathan

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)