Status
Please reply by conversation.

cparker

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
May 8, 2007
Sanborn, NY
I have a Genie (HR34) with a genie client in the kitchen and an HR24 in the bedroom. I want to add a TV down in the basement (exercise area). I was thinking of getting a small Samsung that's "DirecTV Ready".
I have a wired network connection, power, and an OTA Antenna connection right on the wall where I'd be putting the TV.

I'm looking for a little feedback on how the "TV-as-RVU-client" is working for anyone else who is doing this.

I was just reading an earlier thread about this (a couple of pages back) ... I guess the consensus is just get a dumb TV and get a client since you'll end up renewing contract anyway plus the rvu software is updated by the manufacturer and not directv.

I have a smart TV. You can actually add on a smart TV without it renewing your contract. I asked about this before about my tv and verified again after I purchased and activated the tv.

I have a Genie (HR34) with a genie client in the kitchen and an HR24 in the bedroom. I want to add a TV down in the basement (exercise area). I was thinking of getting a small Samsung that's "DirecTV Ready".
I have a wired network connection, power, and an OTA Antenna connection right on the wall where I'd be putting the TV.

I'm looking for a little feedback on how the "TV-as-RVU-client" is working for anyone else who is doing this.
The last I saw -- 42" was the smallest screen.

I have the RVU setup working and my only complaint is the 30-45 seconds it takes for TV to kick in from a cold start. Otherwise it's pretty stable

Neat option but we went with running hdmi over cat 6 and use dual HDMI out on the receiver or pass through depending on our needs. Can't see paying $6 a month forever without any equipment from them.

Neat option but we went with running hdmi over cat 6 and use dual HDMI out on the receiver or pass through depending on our needs. Can't see paying $6 a month forever without any equipment from them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)