Samsung UNF65F8000

SatelliteGAL

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Amherst, NY (Buffalo suburb)
I did a lot of research before I purchased this tv. We had a 4 yr old 55" and wanted to go bigger for the family room. I would have gone for the 75" but the $6000 price tag was too much considering I am not working.
First - this tv was rated very well in all the professional reviews. Comments were that it was very good right out of the box and could get black levels near plasmas. Plasma was not for our situation.
I found recommended calibration settings on several sites and started by trying those. Then my son stepped in and helped me tweak it. This set is beautiful and I am nowhere near an expert but I could not imagine a blacker black. The universal remote isnt too bad but I cant get all my toys to place nicely together. Funny, I cant get the tv to recognize my samsung blu ray player and it is new too.
Bottom line.... I'm glad I got this one, we love what we see but I still have a little playing

I set up one of those Samsung Smart sets today. Would have loved to see the 8000, but they got a 6400 instead. But still, what an awesome tv. If you want the equipment to play well with each other you have to use the good HDMI cables. The matching sound bar and wireless woofer is back fed thru a HDMI input with "ARC" support. This Smart TV is DTV ready but recognizes the Hopper and will control it with it's own IR transmitter. I like the "Full web browser". Great media player. It has BT also. I want one now. :)

We have good cables, an onkyo receiver with ARC capabilities and a new Samsung 3D Blu-ray player. Oddly enough the TV does not recognize the blue ray player. The source for apps will switch when we go to Netflix but it will not switch back when you go back to TV... I'm talking about the onkyo source for audio..... I haven't had time to research and see what may be wrong.
We got two remotes with this set and I find I like the little touch remote. Both of the remotes will control the channels and volume of the fios box. Guide brings up Samsung's version of the guide. I haven't created a favorites list yet to make it easier.
I have to say am very happy with the picture.

Congrats nice sets I looked at that one before buying another Samsung Model!! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)