SAT 110 & 119 are fine, but 129?!?! Help please

mr_verbatim

Original poster
Dec 11, 2008
Hello all,

I have a very frustrating problem. I recently moved my dish that was working fine from the suburbs to my house on the lake. Its current location has a straight shot south over the lake...

Using a VIP622 with a 1000.2 dish & LNB's.

I can only seem to get 110 & 119 at about 55-60% and I only get about 4-5 HD channels (not sure which transponder).

I have played with it for hours without being able to get the signal stronger.

My old HD Plus dish looked identical to this one and I used to get 98% with it!!

Any input would be appreciated.

BTW, my co-ordinates are: 41Deg 59' 46.11"N 82Deg 49' 57.69"W Elevation (sea level) + 175 M

Thanks,

Dan

Last edited:
55-60% is about right for 119 and 110.

Cover the eyes on the side of the LNB with aluminum foil and just aim with the center one uncovered (119). Once you lock signal on 119, remove the aluminum foil and run check switch in the receiver. 110 and 129 will fall into place.

This is assuming you have the mast plumb and you have the correct azimuth and elevation settings.

Will there be that big of a change if I already have the 119 at 60%? Also I know there is an online position calculator somewhere, would you be able to point to it?

Dan

ok, so I looked for the zip code for sandusky ohio since it's directly accross the lake from me (about 18 miles).

My dish is currently set at about 38 EV and 120 AZ. The dish paper says it should be 28 EV and 125.

Is it even possible to pick up 110 and 119 at 38 when it should be 28? The mast is plumb.

Dan

I agree with covering the side eyes. I tried to peak my dish, ended up shifting so that the pickups were getting the wrong satellites and one was not being seen at all. If you cover the two outer ones and run check switch, it will show you which satellite the middle pickup is getting.

Roy

UH OHH

OK, this is really strange...... Now only get 129 on the right side LNB... I had 119 on the same LNB for a while, but couldn't get it on the middle one.

I REALLY moved the dish to the west in order to get this, but now I can't find 110 or 119... I tried covering the eyes, but it seems like I can only get a signal on the last LNB now?????

When I had the dish in the original position I had 110 and 119 with no 129.....

?????????????????????????

As you stand behind the dish, the 129 LNB is the leftmost and the 110 LNB is the rightmost. 119 is the middle LNB. Foil over the outer LNBs. Set skew and elevation. Find 119 on the unfoiled center LNB by moving the dish slowly back and forth. If you don't detect a signal, adjust the elevation a couple of degrees up or down and then back and forth to the east and west until you find 119 on the center LNB. If you aren't finding it on the center LNB, it is likely because the elevation is off. Once you find 119 on the center LNB, adjust the elevation and azimuth to get the highest signal strength on a ConUS transponder like T19. Then unfoil the outer LNBs and do a Switch Test. Hopefully all 3 positions will now be received and you can tweak the dish if needed to max out your signals.

I'm just adding a picture of the 1000.2 dish so you can understand the lnb better. Laddyboy covered pretty much everything. :)

Attachments

• DISH10002.jpg
    DISH10002.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 732
Thanks

Looks I had the positions backward.

Just to be clear, you are telling me to keep the dish at 90 deg skew while attempting to located the 119 on the center LNB, then adjust skew...?

Dan

http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Products/Dishnetwork/Dishes/DISH_1000.2_Installation_Guide_(_151255)[4].pdf

Use this Installation guide to find the correct skew, az and el settings for your D1000.2.

It sounds like you were about 11 degrees too far east originally and now have found 129 but your skew may be off preventing you from finding the other two sats.

Leave the azimuth where it is and set the skew according to the guide, then cover the two outer lnb's and find 119. Then peak the dish so all three are in the low 60's in signal strength.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts