Sat 119 Question ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

steelhead51

Original poster
Mar 27, 2010
Lewiston Mi.
I am setting up a portable system I have the exact same Dish and useing house reciever I can get Sat 110 but not 119 when I hook to permanet dish in yard all works fine but wen I go to portable dish set up only get 110 Iam useing settings to match each other [ both dishes] what am I doing wrong ?

poes are plum

pole is plum tri pod is level skew is set same as permante set up as well as the elevation.the reciever shows around 86 % white on green scale same on sat 119 only white on red scale what does this mean . Also how do you lock the setting, it says unlocked the switch must be working if Iam getting the white on red scale, would it be in the skew? Iam going bald fast:D

Not doing the check switch but the signal goes up and down when I move the dish the signal meter still stays white on red not green like it shows on sat 110 what is meant buy lock and on locked how do you lock them Also what transponder should it be useing? Thankyou for any info you might have Iam going out tommorow in the daylight with a new bag of info I hope:mad:

Hi, the first thought that comes to mind is you might be receiving the 110 satellite from the 119 side of the LNB. Maybe try wrapping the 119 side with foil and re point the dish. Hope this helps, DC

What kind of LNBs/switches are you using? If one of the dishes has an external switch you may have the switch order switched. It is 119/110 on integrated LNBs but on external switches it could be whatever.

Not doing the check switch but the signal goes up and down when I move the dish the signal meter still stays white on red not green like it shows on sat 110 what is meant buy lock and on locked how do you lock them Also what transponder should it be useing? Thankyou for any info you might have Iam going out tommorow in the daylight with a new bag of info I hope:mad:

Yeah you should be doing a new check switch each time your switching from one to the other.

If you are doing switch checks and the 110 sat is in the first slot then you are pointing to far to the east. move dish slowly to the west until you get another signal, that will be the 119 sat which after doing a check switch should be in the first sat slot. ie 119, 110 ,x

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts