SAT Ark

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jorgeldelapaz

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 21, 2008
Miami
Question my dish is set:eek: for due South 97.0 W what would be my sat ark range to lets say 22.0 w If my range does not get 22.0 how would set dish up to pick the range from 22.0W t0 lets say 91.0W . Lat 25.78 N Long -80.20 E Miami,Fl

Your due south satellite should be 79.0w, if you are in Miami Florida. How do you get 97.0w as your due south satellite? Or is that a TYPO? You should be able to go for 70 degrees (at least) in either direction from your location. Providing you have no LOS (line of sight) problems. If you are at 80 degrees west, you should be able to get to 10 degrees. maybe more? Or to 150 degrees west, in the other direction?

Yea that is a typo is 79.o W what i am trying to say how far can i go in either direction VOOM VOOM you have answered my question .So from Galaxy 11 91.0 west to Intelsat 1R 45.0 W are 45.o degree and you said I can go 70.o degree eitherway so from 30.o W hispasat to Galaxy 16 99.o W is about 70.o degree one way .The reason i said 97.oW cause i have been looking for sat by reciver my birdog is broken i have to send it to get repair so 97 and 79 very easy to confused when going back and forth dish still not fine tune yet.http://www.boeing.com/defense-space/space/bss/launch/980031_001.pdf

What I'm saying is that if you are at 80 degrees west and have no LOS issues, you should be able to get from about 10 degrees west to about 150 degrees west.
I'm at 84 degrees and watch Hispasat (ku-Band) at 30 degrees regularly and haven't really tried any sats further east than that. I watch AMC7 (C-Band) at 137 degrees west fairly regular and have listened to Radio from AMC8 (C-Band) at 139 degrees west. I'm sure I could get 148 west, but have never tried, as it doesn't interest me. I don't think I could get anything beyond 148 west, but I could probably get some other sats on the east side of Hispasat, if I made an effort?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)