Sat C 110

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sgp

Original poster
Dec 21, 2005
I'll be getting my HD Tivo before my triple integrated dish shows up.
Is it possible to point a 18" single to 110, activate the receiver, and pick up the HD programming?
It'd be real nice to get the Vikings game on ESPNHD on Christmas.
All I have are the standard DTV Dual LNB's
Thanks,
My guess is that I'll confuse the receiver's Guided setup.

sgp said:
Is it possible to point a 18" single to 110, activate the receiver, and pick up the HD programming?
Thanks,
You would need a SAT C kit and a 4 X 4 switch for it to work.:)

sgp said:
Thanks,

no current or former DIRECTV IRD will work if the 101 slot is not locked onto at all times. even if you would lock to the core slot (101) and move it to the 110, the ird will unlock. one more thing boba said you would need a sat c combiner kit , that is correct, BUT it combines the 110 and 119. you can not compromise the 101 signal, EVER. so if you have an 18 " round dish, no HD. you need the old PARA TODOS dish some WRONGLY refer to as the phase 2 :rolleyes: dish, or the new phase3 dish.

Hmm,
I think I did it a yfew years back, but I used 2 different dishes and a multiswitch,
I think I had 1 dish pointed at the 101 and 110 and then pointed the 2nd dish at the 119.
It has been quite some time ago , so I don't remember everything exactly, but I had my HD working that way.

Jimbo

Jimbos said:
Hmm,
I think I did it a yfew years back, but I used 2 different dishes and a multiswitch,
I think I had 1 dish pointed at the 101 and 110 and then pointed the 2nd dish at the 119.
It has been quite some time ago , so I don't remember everything exactly, but I had my HD working that way.
Jimbo

Nope.

D* takes 110 Transponders 28/30/32 and converts them down to 8/10/12 which is reinserted on 119 on those transponders which are owned by E*.

A normal 110 lnb will only put the signal out on 28/30/32 so you must have a special SATC lnb.

Furthermore, you need a special diplexer where the 110/119 output goes into. You cannot use a regular diplexer as it needs to attenuate the signal so it will work in combo.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts