sat connection to receiver

jerryd

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 26, 2005
Central Wisconsin
On my new hopper there is only one input for satellite from my DPP switch, My old receiverused two from my DPP switch, Do I need a device to combine these two so I have one cable to the hopper or does the hopper only require one

Thanks for any help!

You will have one coax from the node. The node will do the necessary work.

Note I said from the NODE not the switch. Hopper wiring is different from older receivers.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

If you have 1 Hopper, two coax from sat to single node then 1 output to Hopper and other to all Joeys. with 2 Hoppers, three coax to dual node then 1 output each to each Hopper and one to all Joeys. As Navychop stated, H/J different from other Dish receives.

Is a node the same as a splitter hooked up in reverse? where can I find a diagram showing how the output from my dpp switch to which I have 3 satellite connected,is connected to this "node" to my Hopper receiver, I will not be using a "Joey"

Is a node the same as a splitter hooked up in reverse? where can I find a diagram showing how the output from my dpp switch to which I have 3 satellite connected,is connected to this "node" to my Hopper receiver, I will not be using a "Joey"

Nodes are not splitters or combiners. The behave much differently. Two receiver outputs on the Dish Pro Plus (DPP) switch get connected the sat side of the node. The host port gets connected to the hopper. Joeys get connected to the client port. Taps can be used in line with the host line. Just remember host is the hopper and client is the Joey.

If your dish or switch is labeled DPP, you can hook up without the node but only two tuners will be functional. You need a node for the third tuner or any Joeys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)