Sat-Go

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mcfehn

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
Indiana
Does anyone own the Sat-Go portable Directv system? Assuming my main home installation works out in just 3 days now...I want to look at purchasing this for road trips. Does it work while driving or is it just like having a dish at home...requiring it to be stationary with constant view of the certain part of the sky?

Does anyone own the Sat-Go portable Directv system? Assuming my main home installation works out in just 3 days now...I want to look at purchasing this for road trips. Does it work while driving or is it just like having a dish at home...requiring it to be stationary with constant view of the certain part of the sky?

it depends to be honest. I gotten away with it in my car but had problems when buildes etc were blocking my southern sky so you have to still have a window fasing south and the dish part facing in that direction.

That is a pretty neat device there JIMBO.

Too bad:

1. THE PRICE!!! Good Lord. Will be nicer when the price comes down to like $200 or so.

2. Boy, that could so easily be stolen.

But what a great device for either camping, or the home. As long as you have a clear view of the southern sky, the device will search on it's own for the satellites it needs for either Dish(HD included), or DirecTV(SD only at this time. Crap)

But that is a neat little gizmo.

That is a pretty neat device there JIMBO.

Too bad:

1. THE PRICE!!! Good Lord. Will be nicer when the price comes down to like $200 or so.

2. Boy, that could so easily be stolen.

But what a great device for either camping, or the home. As long as you have a clear view of the southern sky, the device will search on it's own for the satellites it needs for either Dish(HD included), or DirecTV(SD only at this time. Crap)

But that is a neat little gizmo.

Yes, I've talk to some that have them and they work very well.
Just wish it did HD, the price is steep, but I don't see them coming down much for the Automatic ones.
I currently set up the Slimline dish, takes about 15 minutes, no big deal, but this is easier yet.

Yes, I've talk to some that have them and they work very well.
Just wish it did HD, the price is steep, but I don't see them coming down much for the Automatic ones.
I currently set up the Slimline dish, takes about 15 minutes, no big deal, but this is easier yet.

Jimbo,

Do you know if that device needs to be "level" like a dish to work correctly? Or can it just be placed on a roof towards the southern sky, and it will do the finding of the satellites on it's own anyhow?

I will try to PDF the intructions from that page. That would be another tremendous benefit if that was the case.

Jimbo,

Do you know if that device needs to be "level" like a dish to work correctly? Or can it just be placed on a roof towards the southern sky, and it will do the finding of the satellites on it's own anyhow?

I will try to PDF the intructions from that page. That would be another tremendous benefit if that was the case.

I'm not sure, but I think that it levels itself, as in the inside, not the outside of course, ya gotta think it would if it's smart enough to find the sat's.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)