Sat internet questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bdlitzne

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 9, 2003
Hi all,
I have a few questions regarding Dish's internet service.

Currently I have a DVR-625, with a Pro plus lnb, and either a 34/44 switch in the basement. Does Dish replace the entire dish with one that can see 107 degrees or will they install a second one? Also do they use existing RG-6 (dual-run) or do they run another pair? The ground is frozen right now, so unless they can use the existing set-up, I would probably wait til spring.

Can I buy the sat modem or do I have to rent it?

I understand the cap limits on data......Broadband is N/A where I am....still using wonderful dial-up.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Bern

You'll need a second dish for the internet, but it only requires one cable. In case you were unaware, Dish resells HughesNet service. Hughes themselves offer both purchase and lease plans, but I don't know if Dish honors them.

//greg//

Thanks for the reply Greg.

I'll have to wait until the ground thaws....I am surrounded by trees and am currently shooting thru a small opening at the 110/119 slot. I waited all these years...a couple of more months won't matter much.

Bern

You'll need a second dish for the internet, but it only requires one cable. In case you were unaware, Dish resells HughesNet service. Hughes themselves offer both purchase and lease plans, but I don't know if Dish honors them.

//greg//

The bird dishnet uses is at 107. Good chance you'll have a line of sight if you're already getting 110. 107 is a tad higher on the horizon than 110 also.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)