Sat Signal Strength

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cableghost

Active SatelliteGuys Member
May 29, 2005
I am receiving signal strength of 75-85 for any transponders for sat pick-up...DirecTV Tech Support told me that the quality of the picture will be the same for all signals over 70...is this correct?

Coppel, TX a suburb of Dallas/Ft. Worth.

DirecTV did the install

90 Plus...okay, it sounds like I need them to come out and adjust the sat.

i'm receiving an average signal of 75 with the H20 and thats after repointing... odd thing is my philips dvr in the bedroom is giving me a 95. The installer who had to come out because of another problem I had (first installer never bolted the dish down and I dropped to 0's) said the H20 reads the signal weird... dunno if it's true but based on the disparity between my 2 receivers it seems logical...

I have the same thing. Signal stengths on my H20 are in the 75 to 80 range. On my Phillips Tivo unit, all readings are in thev 90's. When we had a snow storm, the signal readings on my H20 dropped into the 30's and I lost my picture.

I get about 70% on a couple sats and 90+ on the others. Here's a response from D* when I asked about this. FYI...I'm near Dallas in McKinney.....

Here's the response I got from Cust. Service..............

"Thanks for writing. I apologize for any confusion this issue has caused. The H20 receiver processes information slightly different than regular receivers. A reading of 60-80% on satellites 101, 72, 95, 110, 119 - if the dish is set up for these satellites, is normal. A reading of 95 to 100% on satellites 99 / 103 - if the dish is set up for these satellites is common.

The signal strengths on the H20 receivers read about 20% lower than other models. Read somewhere on the board that it is a software issue and will be fixed in a future download.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)