Sat systems for SW Caribbean

Bez

Original poster
Feb 15, 2009
Bocas del Toro Archipelago
Greetings from the North Coast of Panama!

Ok, after years of living here I've decided I can't take the slow technical development that this part of Central America is going through. So what I'm looking for is a way to get "high speed" internet, good ol' english speaking TV channels and even some reliable telephone service.

I've done a check of whats available for this area of Panama and found a newer one, Satmex 6, that seems to be able to provide services but just can't seem to find what services. I've sent off an email to the Satmex 6 folks but have not heard back from them. So I thought I'd touch base here and see if anyone has suggestions for me.

I'm retired but I'm an avid online gamer (World of Warcraft) so I'm looking for some reasonable bandwidth with minimal latency. I'm not even sure that Sat service will be able to do that. Maybe someone here knows.

My internet service provider, Movistar cellular modem, is just so unreliable any more and their phone service to the US keeps coming up Network Busy. Not being in a major call center area they really don't have an incentive to keep my service at a "robust" level.

I know very little about Satellite services. I have Sky TV sat (just recently installed) and it's ok. But I'm looking for more.

Thanks ahead of time for any and all information you can provide.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts