Sat / Transponder / Spotbeam

levibluewa

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 25, 2006
WA, OR, CA
I would like to see this info added to new software development. If you're tuned to a channel it would be nice to have access to this info by pressing Info twice, 3x, whatever.

Thanks Directv software developers.

Unlike in the C/Ku FTA areas and such where this info is vital; what would knowing this for DBS do, solve or help - although cool to see ?

Unlike in the C/Ku FTA areas and such where this info is vital; what would knowing this for DBS do, solve or help - although cool to see ?

If you are having issues with a particular channel, you could check the transponder it's on to see if it is part of the problem.

and also know which sat is not tuned in or focused on correctly...could help troubleshooting problems with reception.

Hmm, guess after 12+ years of DBS I guess I just missed out; not sure why I have never needed that info even when DIY?

It would be nice for those of us on these types of boards, but the general public would have NO idea what it was or what it does.

The older D* rec's use to be able to access this info thru sub menus, but not anymore, at least that I am aware of.

Jimbo

I would like to see this, too, but DirecTV seems to go out of its way to avoid the user seeing many of the "nuts and bolts" involved in satellite TV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)