satelite 129 Issues with dish 1000.2 and vip 211

jrheyerly

Original poster
May 10, 2010
oregon
Okay, so I peaked all three satelites again with the accutrac III plus meter. In scan mode, I have 60 + readings on Lnb1, Lnb2, and LnB3. Lnb4 is the input for another satellite and reads zero. Since the accutrac III does not specifically identify the satellites by name, we will assume that LNB1 is 119, LNB2 is 110, and LNB3 is 129.
The currently activated receiver is a VIP 211 and used to receive 129 on a Dish 1000. In the point dish mode, the receiver will not recognize 129, even though the accutrac shows it as perfectly tuned I have heard that I need a software download, but that doesn't make sense, since I had 129 before. Connnections are all RG6 cable.

My next try is to grab a 211k and see if it id's 129.

I don't know why dish decided to place most of their HD content on a weak, hard to aim satellite.

Did you run a check switch without the sat inputs connected to clear the matrix? If you have 119/110 with the skew and elevation set right, 129 should come in loud and clear.

you may be receiving 101,110 and 119 instead of 110,119 and 129. double check your settings on the dish.
you receiver should get 119,110 and 129 in that order in the check switch menu. you probably get conn,110,119 in the check switch?

OK, I'm no expert, but here is what I was told to do and it worked for me. Connect to the lnb connector on the left when looking from behind the dish. That should correspond to the 119 satellite. Cover the two outer 'eyes' (feed horns) with aluminum foil so that you are only receiving off the middle 'eye'. Then peak that 'eye' on the 119. Do a check switch and verify that you are receiving the 119. The 119 should show as the first satellite on the check switch page. Once you have the 119 peaked, then uncover the two outer 'eyes' and do another check switch. You should have all three satellites then. You can touch up the signals on the 110 and the 129 by adjusting the skew slightly. Best of luck.

Ed

Last edited:
Okay, so I peaked all three satelites again with the accutrac III plus meter. In scan mode, I have 60 + readings on Lnb1, Lnb2, and LnB3. Lnb4 is the input for another satellite and reads zero. Since the accutrac III does not specifically identify the satellites by name, we will assume that LNB1 is 119, LNB2 is 110, and LNB3 is 129.
The currently activated receiver is a VIP 211 and used to receive 129 on a Dish 1000. In the point dish mode, the receiver will not recognize 129, even though the accutrac shows it as perfectly tuned I have heard that I need a software download, but that doesn't make sense, since I had 129 before. Connnections are all RG6 cable.

My next try is to grab a 211k and see if it id's 129.

I don't know why dish decided to place most of their HD content on a weak, hard to aim satellite.
:confused:

One thing that I have found on installing 211 receivers is that on a brand new receiver, the first time you do a check switch, sometimes it will say after it finished that it has 110 OK, 119 OK, and a blank spot with an OK under it. If you go back to the Point Dish Screen and continue with programming the receiver, once it has finished, you should have 129 in the spot where it was once blank. You can also reset the receiver after the check switch and redo the check switch, but I have found that just continuing to program the receiver after it has the blank spot will fix itself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)