Satelite locating question

avalanche1962

Original poster
Aug 9, 2011
indian land, sc
I have a question for someone.

I have been trying to re-aim my dish for a few weeks now due to our roofers removing the dish to re-shingle or condos.
I understand that 72.7 is the most difficult one to find. and i agree to that.. i have always been able to find 61 or 77 but never 72.7, and i have never found more that one of them at a time.....but today I said I would give it one more shot...

All my degrees and azmiths and skew are exactly right..
I have a dish 1000.4 with Vp722k receiver

I understand from previous threads that the LNB has a built in switch...hence the reason for only one cable off the LNB.

I locked on to the 72.7 this afternoon.. did the switch check and it shows up on switch 1 and nothing on 2 or 3....why is this?? I am scared to move the dish anymore. because i have alot more channels now than I did when i was locked on to 61...but.. i have lost my locals now which I guess were on sat 61..and i dont know what channels are on sat 77

can someone explain to me why this is so hard to do??? Am i at a point with the dish where instead of rotating it on the degrees that i should maybe go up or down on the azmuth? And why is it only showing on switch 1? had this issue with the other sats.. they would only show on sat 1.. although once I did get 61 on switch1 on sat 1 and switch 3 on sat 2.. dont know what was up with that!!!

Just need some clarification on this I guess..

you can try covering the outer two LNB's with aluminum foil .. and try to re-aim the dish by sight.

Here's a link to the install manual if you don't already have one
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...WsB1NPgZBTbGFCh5Q&sig2=ZoeNIM6nhpvlL9taZqFvFQ

Look at the page numbered 2 (pdf page 3) ... you can see there the markings for 77 / 72 / 61 ... so you're a hair or two off from getting 72 in on port 2 and then from there its more minor adjustments

(PS: note the terminology .. I'm pretty sure you meant you received 72 on port 1 not "switch 1" and you want to have 72 coming in on port 2)

First thing to do is make sure your mast is plumb. (roofers usually don't get them plumb)

thanks for the reply...I have tried the foil thing once,...but i didnt move the coax to the port 2 location. should i have?? or leave it on port one?...if I get 72 by doing this, will the other two come in? also where i have the dish aimed now, should i rotate it left (east) or to the right (west)?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)