Satellite 101 but no 110, 119?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

givemetoro

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 3, 2006
Hi guys, I had a problem as I recently moved into my first house (I'm a home owner baby!) and had called to get our satellite moved over, well, the first people showed up and were there about 3 minutes and said "Nope, we can't help you, you might look into different service providers..." (They had told me on the phone that they had a few cancellations and I was there last stop and it was only 11 AM) so I called back and asked if I could get someone who might make me feel like he was trying.

So the next guy came out, he was there for about an hour and a half, had set up the dish (Before checking if there was even any signal there, there wasn't) and then went around the backyard and found a couple spots with signal, but told me he would have to get a pole and come back (Which I said was fine) he didn't seem like he wanted to do anything so he left and told me to call direct tv again... well I was upset and put it up myself (not the first time...)

I get 99 strength on the 101 satellite, get my programming and HD channels (I'm not sure if I'm getting them all) but no locals and no 110 or 119 satellites. Is this a fine tuning deal? Which way are those satellites from where I have it pointed now?

Oh, and the reason they said it couldn't be done was because of line of sight from tree blockage...

Sorry for such a long post :D

Nope, that was a couple months ago before we moved from our apartment, I finally got someone out that set up the dish at the old place, I'm not sure if tree blockage is causing me not too get 110 and 119 or what, but that was a different case...

I think it's an aiming issue, when I do the system setup all the transponders for the 101 are in the 90's while on 110 I have one transponder at 45 and on 119 they're all 0.

I think probably the previous poster may have the solution.

Also, maybe you could try aiming at 110 first and then gently try to tilt to 101. If it's correct and you haven't lost 110 then check 119 for fine tune.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)